Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Foundation Degree

Quote Originally Posted by madasahatter View Post
    I finished E115 in June....is there anything I can help with? PM me if you like.

I'm also starting the Inclusive education course in Feb, along with the 'Ways of Knowing' course (E243 and E230 can't remember which one is which)
    Hi, i am on the conferencing bit now, really dont like it very confusing, i wont be doing much over next few weeks apart from being on computer lol

Thanks
    Tammy

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Foundation Degree - TMA02

Those doing E100 at present.

Have you decided which sequence you are going to write about?

I am considering Lark Hill, (mainly because the others don't interest me all at) however it covers so much I am not sure how to focus on one part especially when there are three that link into each other that I need to cover do you think this would be ok?

X

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, i am on the conferencing bit now, really dont like it very confusing, i wont be doing much over next few weeks apart from being on computer lol
    what role have you been given? There's no wrong or right answer, basically any form of childhood behaviour/learning can more or less be explained using whatever theory 'hat' you've been given. In the TMA that links to the theorists you need to refer to the computer conferencing, so a good discussion on there helps as you can refer to both your own and other peoples comments (you could be in agreement or disagreement)
    In cloud cuckoo land somewhere

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowmummy View Post

I am considering Lark Hill, (mainly because the others don't interest me all at) however it covers so much I am not sure how to focus on one part especially when there are three that link into each other that I need to cover do you think this would be ok?

X
    I was planning to analyse this one too. I have chosen a few parts to use as one isn't enough but the whole thing is too much isn't it. My tutor said to chose which clips are most relevant to my practices.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by madasahatter View Post
    what role have you been given? There's no wrong or right answer, basically any form of childhood behaviour/learning can more or less be explained using whatever theory 'hat' you've been given. In the TMA that links to the theorists you need to refer to the computer conferencing, so a good discussion on there helps as you can refer to both your own and other peoples comments (you could be in agreement or disagreement)
    hi, constructivism hat i have been given, so any tips welcome.
    Thanks
    Tammy

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had to wear the behaviourist hat. Try googling constructivism and Piaget. Perhaps focussing on how children use their existing knowledge when presented with new experiences, they then use the new experience to construct new ideas and to reassess their previous thinking.....accomodation and assimilation....The importance of play in helping children understand the world around them, how they recreate scenarios, play out ideas etc.

I definitely found it helped to look online for more information about the theorists as I felt there wasn't enough in the OU study materials to get a true picture of the different theorists. Bear in mind you do not have to take your 'hat' as your viewpoint when it comes to the TMA. What the online discussions will probably find is that most people subscribe to a mixture of the various theorists viewpoints depending on whether they are considering the child as a learner, view of knowledge etc (you should get my drift from the study topic activities).

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rainbowmummy View Post

X
    Hi rainbowmummy,
    Saw your post I chose the hospital play as very similar to my work setting and relevant age of children. My mark for tma1 was average (not brilliant) but to be honest just aiming to pass the course.

Take care

aug 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Roseolivia View Post
    Go for it. I haven't found it hard, it's just trying to put time in to study. OU are very rigid on word counts though and referencing but you may be used to this with the DHC. If you need any help give me a shout. I may be asking you for help on E124 as E100 has took over this and E123.
    Iam doing this as well e124 i am awaiting my tma01 back at min (inclusion one) have started on my next tma02 finding quite easy this time e123 got me at first but soon got in the swing of things pm me if you need help or want to confer on anything.... i may need the help also.

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default TMA02, part 2. Can you help??

I understand that we need two implications, but this is where I fall down.

eg Impli one - not enough space. (is this all I need to expand on?)

or Impli one - I feel I need to expand home corner. (then list all the implications that this throws up? such as not enough space, additional planning?)

or are the implications something completly different? HELP!!!

What are you doing?

Pipsqueak Guest

All I can say is arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - I have two assignments to get complete for next week and its NOT going good at all

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pipsqueak View Post
    All I can say is arrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - I have two assignments to get complete for next week and its NOT going good at all
    Me too!!! I think Christmas got in the way

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Me three!! What are you doing on here manjay thought you were writing essays!!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

what two are you doing Pip?

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    what two are you doing Pip?
    I am trying to get the stupid stupid stupid Enhancing Learning assignment done and we also have to do a 15 minute powerpoint presentation next week on Action Research our chosen subject - and I haven't even chosen my subject yet.
    I want to cry - buckets
    I am crap at time management
    I am going to cry....

The stupid hateful assignment just won't 'gel' - I have writers block I think or something. i am past caring how i enhance learning in the setting (chosen subject communiation and language), I really don't give a frig about Bruner or neurons or the like

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

arrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be spending more time reading the forums than actually writing anything, done about 700 words of nonsense, i think

Doing hospital play and trying to link the theorist and approaches to the kids playing, finding it really difficult, done the theorists bit but struggling a bit with the approaches. Any ideas anyone????

nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding!
    Post Thanks / Like

hi
    there seems to be alot of u doing the OU degree, do u mind me asking how much it has cost u? is it better doing it at home or do u think oit would of been better going to uni/college.
    i am interested in doing it, but this thread is putting me off, is it hard?
    Julie

Pipsqueak Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MrsT333 View Post
    hi
    there seems to be alot of u doing the OU degree, do u mind me asking how much it has cost u? is it better doing it at home or do u think oit would of been better going to uni/college.
    i am interested in doing it, but this thread is putting me off, is it hard?
    Hi MrsT
    I am doing my FD at uni - part time 8hrs a week (1 day) and I think I am finding it easier than if I would be through OU.

don't be put of by what we are saying though - yes its tough - mainly due to the time managment and what you have to fit in/deadlines. Let me rephrase that - I am poop at time managment/study skills lol. Just trying to juggle family, work and that includes my other extra roles, kids/school, more work, kids social lives etc etc.

I have learnt a lot, throughly enjoyed the study, its been interesting and there has been a wealth of knowledge and support from the forum members (also my CDO, other classmates, my family etc).

It hasn't really cost me anything as I got mine paid for via the graduate leader fund.

nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi MrsT
    I am doing my FD at uni - part time 8hrs a week (1 day) and I think I am finding it easier than if I would be through OU.

don't be put of by what we are saying though - yes its tough - mainly due to the time managment and what you have to fit in/deadlines. Let me rephrase that - I am poop at time managment/study skills lol. Just trying to juggle family, work and that includes my other extra roles, kids/school, more work, kids social lives etc etc.

I have learnt a lot, throughly enjoyed the study, its been interesting and there has been a wealth of knowledge and support from the forum members (also my CDO, other classmates, my family etc).

It hasn't really cost me anything as I got mine paid for via the graduate leader fund.
    thanks pipsqueak,
    i think i may look into this route, i did my nvq 3 in college & if i can get it free, that is just fab!
    Julie

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing the foundation degree through OU because there is no where local (within 15 miles) that does it as an evening course only and I didn't want to put parents out by asking them to make alternative arrangements long term.

Like Pipsqueak mine is being paid for through the Graduate Leader Fund so it's free to me, though you can expect to pay approx £750 for a 60 point module with the OU (usually run over 9 months), with 240 points making up the foundation degree. I previously thought that when studying with the OU you set your own pace and deadlines but this is not the case. Just like any other course you have strict deadlines to meet. You need to be able to devote approx 15 hours per week to your studying. HTH!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I am trying to get the stupid stupid stupid Enhancing Learning assignment done and we also have to do a 15 minute powerpoint presentation next week on Action Research our chosen subject - and I haven't even chosen my subject yet.
    I want to cry - buckets
    I am crap at time management
    I am going to cry....

The stupid hateful assignment just won't 'gel' - I have writers block I think or something. i am past caring how i enhance learning in the setting (chosen subject communiation and language), I really don't give a frig about Bruner or neurons or the like

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggghhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

arrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa

awww Pip. I felt like this over xmas. couldn't get started with my research at all - I started a thread but no-one reaplied . In the end I just got some notesdown on screen/paper. Read it back and I could see what I needed to change or add.

If you've tried this already ignore me but just get some main headings down and bullet point what you think you want to write. Go over and check you've covered the learning outcomes and content of the brief, then bulk it out. ONLY read what you need to.

I do such a small amount of reading from each book now, more read from lots of different places. Basically I write what I think I want to say then find something to back it up. I just use the index in the back of the book to find the terms then read around that para/page. I just see if I can find someone to back me up and one to argue against it then add my own 2 penneth in at the end. Sometimes I realise I've got totally the wrong understanding and change my point.

Sorry if that is no help at all. but I know how you feel..... I found a bit of Abba was helpful

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast