Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default eary years foundation degree!!

I have my forms to apply for funding from my LA BUT I'm not sure is it a big step????
    Reading on here some find it easier than others and I don't want to start something I cannot finish. I have my NVQ3 and will be studing OU.
    I don't want to childmind forever and I'm looking at it as a way of gaining higher qualifications whilst still working.

HELP any advice welcome
    Avril x

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: eary years foundation degree!!

I'm enjoying it but finding it hard to commit time to study.

As you have already mastered studying and working you should be ok.

I wouldnt do 2 courses at the same time, I've done this and wont ever do it again.

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

ask your LA if there is a level 4 you can do first? or what about the NVQ4?

good luck hun

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

They won't fund the nvq4 I've already asked!!!
    Avril x

Jan 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avril View Post
    They won't fund the nvq4 I've already asked!!!
    oohhhh thas not fare well im sure you will do well with the foundation degree my m8 wants me to do it this sept, after i finish this one but i dont think i can,

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm doing the foundation degree and it is manageable. If you plan time to study and stick to it you should be ok. I agree with huggableshelly 2 doing 2 courses at once is harder. I'm only doing 1 and find this is enough with childminding and having a family.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by avril View Post
    I have my forms to apply for funding from my LA BUT I'm not sure is it a big step????
    Reading on here some find it easier than others and I don't want to start something I cannot finish. I have my NVQ3 and will be studing OU.
    I don't want to childmind forever and I'm looking at it as a way of gaining higher qualifications whilst still working.

HELP any advice welcome
    Hi, i have just done the e123 and e124 ( certificate in early years practice level 4 ) found it hard doing them at the same time, was starting e115 in Oct last year but found it was 2 much paper work, but i am starting it again this October. I would go for it, you have support from your tutor, if you are getting it funded them youve got nothing to worry about.
    Good luck
    Tammy

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I know of a lot of childminders who have taken this by OU.

I haven't as I am trained out at the moment and want a years rest

Good luck with it
    Debbie

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for your opinions I'll give it a little more thought but yes I will more than likely go ahead to do it.
    Avril x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am also considering doing the Foundation Degree but want time off first as I only finnished the CCLD in Sept 08. It's hard when you work 13 hours a day and have a family to care for too. I do want to gain more qualifications but I don't want to be so tired that I can't enjoy work or family. Good luck !!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

That's exactly how I feel Shar as I have 2 young children I don't want to be saying I haven't got time to do things with them because i have to get an assignment done. So do feel a little apprehensive.
    Avril x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally filled in my funding forms and sent them off but I have not applied for the foundation degree but have now been offered a BA honors for child care, development were we do it home again and attend uni one Saturday a mnth.
    It is a 3yr course but hey I'm getting it paid for and I have young children who I still want to be at home for so will be childminding for a good few years more before moving onto something else still working with children.

Roll on September
    Avril x

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Im doing a foundation degree and I LOVE IT! Yes its stressful finding time to study, childminding paperwork and family (notice I left out housework lol!) but I learn so much and people have noticed I am more educated! would really recommend it!
    Wellybellyxxxxxxxxx

2ooo
    Post Thanks / Like

i am baffleed by all the grammer i have decided that i am not intelligent enough unless i just copy andreas file

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

the grammar gets to me too but i keep throwing in quote from the coursework and the reader and it makes me feel that I'm clever lol.

I'm doing 2 courses together which have now been amalgamated into one course so should be easier to meet the deadlines for those booking on.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    Im doing a foundation degree and I LOVE IT! Yes its stressful finding time to study, childminding paperwork and family (notice I left out housework lol!) but I learn so much and people have noticed I am more educated! would really recommend it!
    I did level 4 Certificate in early years practice, then was going to do this years one think it was E115, but found the paperwork some what confusin not sure what i was ment to do. Going to start it again in October and i have been told i can keep all the paper work and that will give me an head start, so going to look through it again soon. But i did enjoy the other courses and learnt a lot from it, and it helped me to get Outstanding on my inspection because you learn how children learn and develop and look at what you can do to help them etc.
    Tammy

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have this week finished my NVQ3 and am looking for something else. I think it will be the Foundation Degree at our local uni. Quite excited really. DD1 and I could be doing a degree at the same time She doesn't think that is funny

Latest Inspection Grade
    Irrelevant
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by manjay View Post
    I have this week finished my NVQ3 and am looking for something else. I think it will be the Foundation Degree at our local uni. Quite excited really. DD1 and I could be doing a degree at the same time She doesn't think that is funny
    Yeah me and my son whos at derby uni will graduate at the same time( if i stick at it) but will be at a different uni to get my degree cus studin with the OU.
    Good luck everyone!
    Tammy

May 76
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I did my level 4 at OU having already done an NVQ3 at night school. I didn't find the assignments too hard however I didn't know the tools for assignments and hadn't realised all they wanted was for you to keep referencing their books and coursework and not to actually explain everyday childcare.

Some of my colleagues have gone onto the foundation degree, however I am having a short break.

We did get some funding from the transformation fund but up until then we had paid for every single course we had ever attended!!

Don't do two courses as some of the women on the course were demented trying to differenciate between the two.

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: eary years foundation degree!!

This is my first post.....am thinking about starting to do NVQ level 3, but am confused about how I do it, do they assess at home or do I go to college, I have spoken to a friend who is doing it at college, but she is a TA?, is this a different course...HELP! Ultimately I want to be able to continue to child mind but work as a TA in schools too..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast