Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DHC 1 - Mock Paper

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    I actually liked the questions where you had 3/4 answers and then you had to choose which combo of those 4 were the best. I used to immediately eliminate the answers that had ridiculous suggestions, and then choose from what is left.
    I too like these questions and find I eliminate in the same way you do. The ones I don't like are the "Statement" because "Statement" ones, although I think now I understand them more, I might be able to give them a better shot. Tonight's test will tell

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

Did the Cache paper last night and passed Got 20 out of 25 and the five I got wrong, if I'd have gone with my initial answer, I'd have got it right but changed my mind and picked another answer which I 'thought' was the right answer. Always stick with gut instinct.

Still studying though as I'd like to get full marks

Jan 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Additionally, there are sample assignments too for the DHC 2, 3, 4 and 5. Very helpful indeed.

Can you tell me where you found these, I would be interested to see them

Thanks

Jan 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BusyBuzyBumblebees View Post
    Thanks for the info Super Stars, I've been onto the Cache website and found them as well. Documents attached.

Additionally, there are sample assignments too for the DHC 2, 3, 4 and 5. Very helpful indeed.

Annie_T: I did a mock last night and got a 'referal' Was gutted and instantly got my head in my books and started reading. There is no way I want to fail my exam in January!!!
    Sorry didn't seem to get the link right!! I would like to have a look at the sample assignments but couldn't see any!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not doing it for real but had a go at the mock and got 22/25 so in all my years I must have learnt something!

And 24/25 in the second test posted
    Last edited by PixiePetal; 16-12-2008 at 01:33 PM.

sept 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i got 23 on one and 21 on the other so hopefully ill be ok when i do the real one

charlotte x

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

Passed Cache one no problem, in fact, got 23 out of 25! I just need to work on the NCMA one now

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Zoomie View Post
    Oh, I so wish I had seen these a week ago (cos that is when I did my real one).

In the CACHE mock I got 2 wrong and in the NCMA mock I got 3 wrong, BUT the real test I did last week was a LOT HARDER ...

My test last week had a number of 1,2 and 4 only answers but none of the xxx because xxx (statements / reasons are true / false) questions

Anyone know how long it takes for CACHE to issue your results. I know Xmas is going to put a spanner in the works, but any indication, would be helpful.
    I got my results 3 days later ish in the post, it was on line so it was quicker aparantly, if we had sat the test during the day we would of got the results there and then, oh and i failed

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING!
    Post Thanks / Like

3 days later - wowzers, that is good going!! I hope mine come through as quick, just need to get to January now to actually do the exam It's like wishing my life away!!

You'll pass next time, I'll put money on it

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    I got my results 3 days later ish in the post, it was on line so it was quicker aparantly, if we had sat the test during the day we would of got the results there and then, oh and i failed

Our test was written, so suppose it has to go and get marked. Ah well, will just have to wait until next year

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I submitted the fourth assignment to my tutor Friday - a mock multiple choice questionaire and I really need the results as my actual test is on Wednesday!! I'm about to do the CACHE and NCMA mock tests, I googled them as I couldn't open the attachments - is that because I'm new?!!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I got 23/25 for the one on the NCMA website then 21/25, 23/25 and 24/25 for the 3 on the CACHE website - the third test is the same as the first on the CACHE website though, glad my mark improved or I'd be worried!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12