Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: check your first aid certificate

Quote Originally Posted by gailee View Post
    hi i'm getting confused the course i'm on is the pediatric (spellin) first aid course but the refresher ?? i'll have to phone on monday ??
    Did you manage to get it all sorted Gail?
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    also, for those who are already registered (rather than those doing it within 6 months of registration) if your certificate runs out and you have your inspection you will automatically get inadequate unless you have something in writing to say you are booked onto a course, in which case you will get satisfactory.

So DO NOT let you certificate lapse if you are due for an inspection!

hi, my certificate runs out in mid april and my inspection is going to be on 27 march. so i need to book onto a course soon. will that be ok with ofsted do you know?

sarah
    Sarah xxxxx

Apr 98
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It should be ok as your certificate will still be valid when the inspection is done.

The inspector may however ask if you have already booked your next one (Forward planning!) and I think it would be good if you could answer Yes and tell her when you are doing it.
    Dee
    Independent Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Life may not be the party we hoped for.......but while we're here we should dance!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Re: check your first aid certificate

Yes everyone is right about 12 hour course. Does anyone remember when that came out in 03 I organised and booked a course for all of the staff at the nursery and prp school where I worked and Invited staff from one or two surrounding nurseries to join us. I was away at my father-in-laws funeral when the ofsted inspector was in and she asked about some certificates that had expired, it wasn't an issue because we had more than adequate numbers of staff with 1st aid cover manager told her how many covered and that caurse was booked and it was then that she said ita had to be 12 hour my manager rang me and rang me while I was in the funeral car - how rude she knew I was at the funeral that day and she asked me loads of questions about the course I had to rush back to work to try to organise an alternative course and it was extremelyh hard to find one which met their requirements. No one seemed to know about it and no notification was sent out about it. For an organisation who live and breathe by paperwork you'd think they'd have theirs up to scratch.

Anyone else have problems like this.

Celine

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I booked my course for this June... back in December, so I wouldn't miss out. It was the only one I could make the timing for... that's what drives me mad, not having courses at sensible times and having to drive for miles to get to them

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahnev707 View Post
    I booked my course for this June... back in December, so I wouldn't miss out. It was the only one I could make the timing for... that's what drives me mad, not having courses at sensible times and having to drive for miles to get to them
    We are really lucky, our local Sure Start Centre have welcomed us childminders in and are letting us join in their first aid training, Graham can come too as my assistant. It's all free, during the day over 4 weeks and they provide a creche (parents permission of course)

Great not to have to give up any Saturdays!
    Pauline x

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You lucky c**w i really value my saturdays, got to give up 2 in may to do first aid ...sigh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12