Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    future childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Introduction to Childminding - Question

Hi all

New to the forum but just a quick one really. I am in the process of getting myself setup as a Childminder and I have signed up to ChildCare.co.uk (Gold membership) I have done numerous courses but I was wondering if doing a certain mix of them would equate to having done the Introduction to Childminding course that the Ofsted require?

It just strikes me as if I am missing something with the mention of CYPOP5 and nothing on ChildCare.co.uk of this ilk?

Everything else is in place DBS, 1st Aid, Food Hygine etc
    But I can't help but feel I have missed the point with the above course?

Any help and advice would be fantastic!

Thanks
    Kat

Registered Childminder since
    oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't know, as it was a long time ago that I registered, but I think you need to talk to your local authority and attend one of their 'introduction to childminding' courses.

Good luck xx

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The courses on childcare are meant as continous professional development.

You need to contact your local authority and speak to them as they could be running one. Dont forget to ask about thr dafeguarding course as well.

There are other companies that offer the introduction to childminding.

Good luck with your childminding journey
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Ofsted do not require any particular Introduction to Childminding course any more. It is up to you which course you do or how you prepare yourself for the Ofsted registration visit. Speaking to your local authority would be a good place to start, to see what is available in your area.
    This topis was mentioned at the end of the recent Ofsted webinar- www.gotostage.com/channel/ofstedwebinars

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

There is lots of guidance here - How to Register as a Childminder in England - Childcare.co.uk

However, if you don't have a background in early years I would recommend an 'introduction to home-based childcare' training course.

I am an assessor on the Early Years Alliance course and it's very thorough ... other providers are available.

Good luck with your journey