Quote Originally Posted by jennyandchris View Post
Hi,

I need to renew my paediatric first aid and have found out that babcock are no longer funding it and its gone up to £132p/p!!!!!! There is me and my Mum (we work together) and we have teamed up with a local nursery who have 2 members of staff that also need it who we can join up with to do the course. Doing this we can find someone privately who will do it at £65 p/p. But the nursery manager that we are teaming up with, says that "early years" are offering it for £30 as they haven't been affected by babcock cutting the funding. I have asked her to check this, but she hasn't had time yet and I need to speed up the process due to my Mum going on a long holiday soon! I have searched and searched but do not understand what she means. Who is early years and how do I contact them about paed's first aid course?!?!?!? PLEASE HELP!!!!! I'm starting to go mad lol!
Many thanks, Jenny.
I can’t give a definitive answer, but if a nursery manager had said that to me, I’d be thinking they most likely meant our local authority Early Years training team.

IIWY I’d 'phone the nursery manager and ask for the contact details of 'Early Years’, and say I’ll make the call as the manager obviously has a lot on her plate. She may be glad of the offer.