Advanced Child Protection refresher online?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Advanced Child Protection refresher online?

I completed an Advanced Child Protection training course with my LA almost 2 years ago, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get on another before the two years are up in Feb next year....I'm just wondering if an online course would be approved by Ofsted?. I noticed that childcare.co.uk do an online 'Safeguarding Children Refresher Training course and wondered if this would fit the bill, whether a certificate is issued, or if anyone has done this course themselves ?
    Thanks in advance!

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no Ofsted requirement for Child Protection training frequency, only that you keep up to date. But you need to check your LA's guidance. This was mentioned in a recent FAQ from Ofsted Gill Jones I think- search recent posts as it was only a few days ago I think.

ETA: https://educationinspection.blog.gov...ked-questions/

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have done all the online safeguarding courses over the years and they are good for updating and checking knowledge is current. Yes there is a certificate with them all.

Only a Local Authority course gives you local knowledge and local photos - your inspector might ask how you keep up-to-date - i diary a termly check to see if anything on my LSCB website has updated and I receive emails from my LSCB

5. Likes FloraDora liked this post