Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: pre reg courses

Registered Childminder since
    pre reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default pre reg courses

I am in the process of doing the research in becoming a childminder. I have been a teacher for years but ready for a change! My local council don't seem to run the childminding briefing session, any advice on where I could fo this? I also need to do my first aid, is there anything else that would be beneficial? Looking to start up in sept, and finish this academic year. Thanks!

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your LA should be able to advise you - it's part of their remit - go back to them and ask them what's happening for childminders.

There are less and less courses but they are still out there - some are online and your LA might send you in that direction

Simona Guest

Totally agree with Sarah...the first port of call for cms wanting to register is their LA
    They should hold briefing meetings and then signpost cms to training...they may offer it at a cost or suggest other sources
    Safeguarding is best done with your LA due to the LSCB own rules.

First Aid you can now access via any provider accredited to deliver it for EY

I strongly believe some LAs are getting away from the requirements and need to support cms....and DfE is allowing it!
    Appalling!