Childminding for older children
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Non childminder member
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Childminding for older children

    I'm looking to set up in legal terms what amounts to childcare in a nondomestic setting, for schoolage children (8-18 potentially, but definitely 8+).

    The premises would be a house we convert (but don't live in!) or else a commercial property that we lease/buy.

    I can't figure out what childminding qualificaiton I need as they all seem geared towards under 7. I would like to take one however so that I can register with Ofsted voluntarily, and allow parents to claim childcare vouchers if possible and/or be covered on the safeguarding aspect.

    I'm really struggling with the legality of this, though, and could use some assistance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Post Thanks / Like


    An updated registration not required document may give you more information. There are several links at the end of it and information about the voluntary register.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Quick Links and Advertisements

Important Information Links
Some Useful Quick Links


You can also find us on:
Childminding for older children Childminding for older children Childminding for older children

We use cookies to make this site as useful as possible. They are small text files placed in your browser to track usage of our site but they don’t tell us who you are.
By continuing to use this site you are consenting to cookies being placed on your computer. Find out more here: Cookies in Use

Childminding Help and the Childminding Forum are part of