Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 'Prevent' training

Did I imagine/dream that there was an online course you could do relating to prevent duty? Does anyone have a link for it please? I can't seem to find it when I searched the forum. Maybe I did imagine it. Thanks x

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

I did one that is on childcare.co.uk. Sarah mentioned it the other day. I thought it was quite interesting.

3. Likes Maza liked this post
    Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

This link is off the CM forum. Takes 25 mins and you get a certificate.
    course.ncalt.com/Channel_General_Awareness/01/index.html.
    Think you need to do it on the Pc not phone. Xx

5. Likes Maza liked this post
    Jun 10
    Post Thanks / Like

I was looking for this too. Will try and do later. Thank you

7. Likes Maza liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant, thanks everyone. I'm so glad that I didn't dream it - I would hate to know that I was wasting valuable sleep time by dreaming about things like that! x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have done the free one and the one from Childcare.co.uk training - both were good and gave different perspectives

10. Likes Maza liked this post
    Nov 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

This is good news, I am hoping to complete prevent training on Sunday..
    Amazingly my DO phoned this week and wants to do her 'annual visit' - I have never had a visit since just before I registered!!!
    We have a rather awkward relationship ( her of course not me!) ...an ex close professional colleague is the Head of EY in our county...I still support a couple of schools on behalf of LEA and so liaise and meet with her...and this DO lady is not happy with this... .I have spoken at training..( that I am interested in) ..I welcome info from the DO...but unfortunately it is rarely of the standard I want or expect....but I don't say anything, I usually am more positive than negative in feedback as I am aware I don't need enemies.
    She was absolutely at pains in the LA training before I registered to inform me that my previous experience doesn't mean I can skip things...and of course through emails she notices I have not attended their training. It is not training I am in need of or interested in unfortunately...and I need to be really enthusiastic to go out again at 7 - 9.30 pm!!!and a lot of it is updates that I actually know about as I read everything. ... but I know when she visits she will look for reasons to find something wrong..and I suspect it will be training... The inspector in January was happy and impressed with my CPD....I actually love learning and do complete a lot of online training which I enjoy, OU open learning is also good ...and my PhD is a lot to prepare for...but I have not attended the LA training around the prevent agenda so I need to show why !!!
    Looking forward to it now! Thanks for the feedback.

12. Likes Maza, loocyloo liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FloraDora View Post
    This is good news, I am hoping to complete prevent training on Sunday..
    Amazingly my DO phoned this week and wants to do her 'annual visit' - I have never had a visit since just before I registered!!!
    We have a rather awkward relationship ( her of course not me!) ...an ex close professional colleague is the Head of EY in our county...I still support a couple of schools on behalf of LEA and so liaise and meet with her...and this DO lady is not happy with this... .I have spoken at training..( that I am interested in) ..I welcome info from the DO...but unfortunately it is rarely of the standard I want or expect....but I don't say anything, I usually am more positive than negative in feedback as I am aware I don't need enemies.
    She was absolutely at pains in the LA training before I registered to inform me that my previous experience doesn't mean I can skip things...and of course through emails she notices I have not attended their training. It is not training I am in need of or interested in unfortunately...and I need to be really enthusiastic to go out again at 7 - 9.30 pm!!!and a lot of it is updates that I actually know about as I read everything. ... but I know when she visits she will look for reasons to find something wrong..and I suspect it will be training... The inspector in January was happy and impressed with my CPD....I actually love learning and do complete a lot of online training which I enjoy, OU open learning is also good ...and my PhD is a lot to prepare for...but I have not attended the LA training around the prevent agenda so I need to show why !!!
    Looking forward to it now! Thanks for the feedback.
    That's funny! Just as she thinks she's found a weakness in you! We are so lucky to be able to do online training now. I'm just renewing my first aid partly online. Now I only have to give up one day of my weekend instead of the usual two. I say 'give up' like I begrudge having to do first aid training - I don't begrudge it at all, but you know what I mean.

14. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstylob View Post
    Just completed this. It was really simple and straightforward - and interesting too. Thank you for the link.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kirstylob View Post
    When I complete this is there an option to 'save' the certificate or do I have to print it there and then? Thanks

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet54 View Post
    When I complete this is there an option to 'save' the certificate or do I have to print it there and then? Thanks
    If you go to print it and then change the destination to 'PDF' (instead of your actual printer) you can then choose where to save it to print later, that's what I did as I'd run out of ink!

18. Likes Maza liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarah1975 View Post

If you go to print it and then change the destination to 'PDF' (instead of your actual printer) you can then choose where to save it to print later, that's what I did as I'd run out of ink!
    Oh brilliant thank you. That's great yep I'm out of ink but want to get it done!

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

thanks, just completed it.

an interesting 20 minutes.

I had to google 'channel general awareness' and went straight to it, as I couldn't get the link to work.

I'm planning on doing the childcare.co.uk one too, and in a couple of weeks also have a 90min training session! one of my mums ( works in social services ) has just done a 2 day training on prevent and said it was really good, but possibly a bit too much for childminders to need to do!

21. Likes Maza liked this post