Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DHC Unit 5!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default DHC Unit 5!!!

Could anyone please help with A of unit 5 on the dhc please, rrreeeeaaaalllyyyyyyy stuck!!
    woohooooo Ofsted have been, Outstanding, wwwwhhhhhooooooo!!!

Sept 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: DHC Unit 5!!!

have just spotted this thread...I am stuck on this one too and was gonna start a new thread !!!!

The question is:

Evaluate the implications of using an inappropriate curriculum framework for children

Any ideas? Also does anyone know where I could find info about the epi project?

Thank you!!

Jana x

Jan 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just about to get stuck into this too. My tutor went through each section and said inappropriate cirriculum could be using the wrong cirriculum according to the childs age, i.e eyfs for older children when it should be the national. It's just a suggestion and maybe worth a mention but will research more into this anyway.
    good luck

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey check the wording on this question. There is a miss print. It should not read inapropriate, this word should be erased. This was the question last year!!!! I have had mine marked now!! So is definately the case!!

Julia

Feb 200
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to add a good idea, which is what was suggested by my tutor is to first make a statement on what you regard as a curriculum and go from there. You can then discuss birth to three, EYFS, Foundation stage, national curriculum. Possibly quote from EPPE. What is possitive about them, what is negative, compare them. Although eg, Birth to three is a frame work, if you regard it as a curriculum you can still discuss it. that what I did and it was fine!

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The wording here is correct... it all depends on which hand book you have, 2005/6 or 2006/7

I am also on this question and it's definately: Evaluate the implications of using an inappropriate curriculum framework for children.

I would really appreciate a little help with this one, I really detest the evaluate questions and my brain goes awol...

Thanking you all in advance.

Kaz x
    Kaz x

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Any one? Please?
    Kaz x

FEB09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I have just typed up this answer using this thread (lets hope it works)

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...eferrerid=1735

If it doesn't work PM me and I will forward the text into an email for you.

Sandy
    Sandy
    xx

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that, I also looked at this thread, but the wording to the question is different to the question that I have.

My wording has the word innappropriate so I don't know if that thread will help, but I will have another look.

Thanks again!
    Kaz
    Kaz x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I got an E for unit 5 as none of my parents would let me do obs on their child for it so wouldnt be much help sorry x
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissSparkles View Post
    I got an E for unit 5 as none of my parents would let me do obs on their child for it so wouldnt be much help sorry x
    Oh Sparkles, I can not believe that they wouldn't let you do observations, at the end of the day you are doing this for them and their children, so that you can better yourself and have a better understanding. How dreadful... maybe you should have made some up or borrowed someone elses children.

Karen x
    Kaz x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz1997 View Post
    Oh Sparkles, I can not believe that they wouldn't let you do observations, at the end of the day you are doing this for them and their children, so that you can better yourself and have a better understanding. How dreadful... maybe you should have made some up or borrowed someone elses children.

Karen x

I got an A and 2 B's and a C for the otherunits so was gutted but I had to tell my tutor and she said I couldnt wing it as such and make it up as I had to have written permission from the parents so it really stuffed me up I ended up with an overall C grade and was gutted to sy the least
    Love Mrs Edward Cullen x

Feb 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LittleMissSparkles View Post
    I got an A and 2 B's and a C for the otherunits so was gutted but I had to tell my tutor and she said I couldnt wing it as such and make it up as I had to have written permission from the parents so it really stuffed me up I ended up with an overall C grade and was gutted to sy the least
    I think i would be gutted too, ah bless you! But at least its all over now! x
    Kaz x

Post Thanks / Like

I am stuck on QuestionA. Would you consider 'every child matters' to be a curriculum framework that I can evaluate?
    As I am in Wales I am unable to use EYFS etc, and my tutor advises against using Early years foundation phase as it is in Wales only!
    This is my final unit, got 2 b's and an A in previous units so would love an A in this unit as I will achieve an A overall then.

Mari

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mari View Post
    I am stuck on QuestionA. Would you consider 'every child matters' to be a curriculum framework that I can evaluate?
    As I am in Wales I am unable to use EYFS etc, and my tutor advises against using Early years foundation phase as it is in Wales only!
    This is my final unit, got 2 b's and an A in previous units so would love an A in this unit as I will achieve an A overall then.

Mari
    You don't need Eyfs or EYFP to evaluate the every child matters agenda.

Here it is -

http://www.dcsf.gov.uk/everychildmat...s/outcomescyp/

You can look at Every Child Matters as a totally independent thing, developed by the Govt to bring children out of poverty, keep them safe and healthy, ensure they have education etc.

If anything it is more closely linked to the United Nations Rights of the Child -

http://www.unicef.org.uk/tz/rights/index.asp

ECM is pretty straightforward to evaluate - just ask yourself how you meet and exceed each of the 5 outcomes.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sarah.

So would you evaluate ECM in answer to the Question A. ( Evaluate the implications of using a curriculum framework for children)

Post Thanks / Like

Do you think that they are actually asking me to evaluate a particular curriculum such as EYFP or EYFS or curriculums in general. Gosh, I'm really stuck on this one, think it's because I know that this is the answer which will give me the highest marks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have evaluated the Foundation Phase. Hope it goes ok. Submitting it tomorrow.

Nov 98
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: DHC Unit 5!!!

Thank you to all who posted help re DHC 5 A and B, I have struggled with these !!! Very helpful hints, thankk you......Trev

Post Thanks / Like

How did yo do? I got a B in Unit 5, so a B overall. A bit gutted as I had 79 marks, just 1 off an A! Would have had A overall! Had already submitted it previously so couldn't resubmit. A 'B' is ok though I think. Also passed my Level 4 nvq recently too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast