Training/Higher Education HELP!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Training/Higher Education HELP!!

Hi

I'm currently doing the HBCA course but I have been looking at what courses I can do at home elearning that would be recognised qualification once completed. I have been in contact with the OU but they said I can't do anything unless I'm in an Early years setting and my HBCA course isn't enough for me to qualify for the course they offered they were not overly helpful and I feel deflated now! I will be working as a childminder but I wanted to continue with higher education whilst I was childminding. Isn't childminding classed as an early years setting?

Can anyone help me or guide me in the right direction please.

Thanks Kirsty

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Childminding is an early years setting as we are registered and inspected like other childcare providers. There are quite a few of us on this forum who studied with the OU and we were childminding at the time. Indeed, I gained BA (Hons) Early Years with them.

3. Likes FloraDora liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh really that's interesting they basically told me I wasn't in an early years setting and couldn't commit to working in a early years setting so I don't qualify to do the BA Honours! So I was a bit upset when I read the email as I thought the same as you. Ok that's interesting did you do the HBCA course and then apply to do the BA honours? I could really do with some guidance as I've been out of training for such a long time I'm not really sure who I should be looking at or what course I need to do etc. thank you for your help. Xx

Registered Childminder since
    Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I don't know what the HBCA course is. I started by doing their level 4 (certificate in early years practice) then moved on to the foundation degree then topping up to BA then another top up to Hons. I completed in 2009 so perhaps things have changed, have you spoken to about the requirements before starting the foundation degree?