Training beyond pre reg course HELP!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Training beyond pre reg course HELP!

Hi I'm Kirsty I'm a newbie.

I'm just starting my HBCA course through pacey.

I have been doing loads of research into higher education after the HBCA course I do want to continue training so I would like to do the EYE level 3 as I would have already got credits towards but I also have children of my own who are under 5 and I also need to work so the childminding is perfect. Is anyone else doing the EYE level 3 and childminding as I have read you can do this and do the course as you are working with under 5s? Do they take you being a home based carer into consideration as I don't think I would be able to do a placement in a nursery until my children start at school full time.

Any help appreciated 😀 or any guidance it's been a while since I did any courses lol.

Kirsty

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kirstywrey View Post
    Hi I'm Kirsty I'm a newbie.

I'm just starting my HBCA course through pacey.

I have been doing loads of research into higher education after the HBCA course I do want to continue training so I would like to do the EYE level 3 as I would have already got credits towards but I also have children of my own who are under 5 and I also need to work so the childminding is perfect. Is anyone else doing the EYE level 3 and childminding as I have read you can do this and do the course as you are working with under 5s? Do they take you being a home based carer into consideration as I don't think I would be able to do a placement in a nursery until my children start at school full time.

Any help appreciated �� or any guidance it's been a while since I did any courses lol.

Kirsty
    YES...EYE is suitable for all providers and they need to work with children of all ages, so as a CM you are absolutely Fine.
    There are several companies who offer EYE, at different cost and also with blended learning...some attendance is required and also online access.

EYE is awarded by CACHE but look out for which provider suits you best....many Cms representing associations offer it, Pacey is one PLA is the other....also local colleges
    Good news is that, if you need a GCSE in maths and English ..you can get this at the end of the course and not as an entry requirement.

Good luck!