Confused about the training required
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Confused about the training required

Hello everyone,

I have a very basic question which I hope you can all help me with.

Have been looking at different websites and the messages about the qualifications you need to become a registered childminder are so different across the board.

Please can you let me know your journey to becoming one and the courses and providers you went with? It's all very confusing and would very much appreciate your help. I am based in London, just incase that is relevant.

Thanks,

Lisa

Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi! Welcome to the forum!

You need to speak to your local early years because training requirements vary depending on your local authority

Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, as Sarah said, where you live is very relevant and that explains why you see so many different routes to CMing.

The only source of reliable info about training for YOU to be a CMer in YOUR postcode is from your Local Authority (LA). They set the rules for your area.

And they change often, so what I did just a few years ago has completely changed to what you do now to register!

I hope your LA can help you.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lisamountain View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have a very basic question which I hope you can all help me with.

Have been looking at different websites and the messages about the qualifications you need to become a registered childminder are so different across the board.

Please can you let me know your journey to becoming one and the courses and providers you went with? It's all very confusing and would very much appreciate your help. I am based in London, just incase that is relevant.

Thanks,

Lisa
    Hi, I attended two sessions at my LA and have done a childminding course through PACEY, I'm doing my first aid course tmrw and Tuesday through first response, I'm waiting for the DBS checks to come back, I've got my health declaration back from my doctors. I feel like it's never going to come to end, I can apply to Ofsted once I receive the DBS 's back.