PACEY or Trio training?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default PACEY or Trio training?

Hi, I'm hoping to re-train as a childminder and wondered if there were any recommendations on which of these two providers to do the course with? I've read the Ofsted pre-registration presentation as my Local Authority no longer provide briefing sessions. Any recommendations on where to do a food hygiene course? I will probably do a St John's Ambulance Paediatric Fist Aid course.

Thanks.

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just completed the course with Pacey. It was very easy to understand and my tutor was very good.

Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Amanda. I think I prefer the look of the Pacey one, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the Trio course before I committed.

Dec 02
    Post Thanks / Like

Our initial training lasts 11 weeks and is run by the local authority. The food hygiene and first aid can be sourced independently by ourselves if we want, but our LA does run/organises food hygiene and first aid courses. We do obviously have to pay for all of these.

We are very lucky that there is someone to organise this training, it must be very hard for you having to organise all your training yourself.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RebeccaA View Post
    Thanks Amanda. I think I prefer the look of the Pacey one, but wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the Trio course before I committed.
    What course was Trio offering only I know that Pacey offers the latest course by Cache because Cypop 5 is no longer being offered soon.