Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default LA training via PACEY-

Just wondered if this is the same for everyone- LA training on EYFS, OAP and being reflective is being offered as a three-step webinar-based training programme for new childminders. The big problem for me is the timing 7pm-9pm. It's right on little people bedtime and big people dinner time. I can book a babysitter to put little one to bed while I hide in the car with the lap top, and hubbie can cook dinner when he gets back at 8.

Is this a national thing or is this just how training is done in my area?

Also how long do your 'support people' take to get back to you. I'm waiting to get on the FiD and not had a response.

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Just wondered if this is the same for everyone- LA training on EYFS, OAP and being reflective is being offered as a three-step webinar-based training programme for new childminders. The big problem for me is the timing 7pm-9pm. It's right on little people bedtime and big people dinner time. I can book a babysitter to put little one to bed while I hide in the car with the lap top, and hubbie can cook dinner when he gets back at 8.

Is this a national thing or is this just how training is done in my area?

Also how long do your 'support people' take to get back to you. I'm waiting to get on the FiD and not had a response.
    Every LA is different and it sounds like yours has an agreement with Pacey to provide training....is this training free?
    For new cms face-to-face would really be better

Webinars and online training are becoming very widespread...some love webinars some hate them
    Online training is good for some training but not others....it is really up to you...most associations offer them now

I would say though the timing of your webinar is inappropriate for a cm...webinars were introduced with cms in mind so we would not have to go out and train from the comfort of our own chair....it is not that easy for a cm after a long days work to cut herself off with a laptop!!!

Let us know if it was any good

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that a lot of la's have diminishing numbers and are putting on less courses. As it is a requirement of completing this course prior to application with Ofsted I believe that Pacey have produced this training to fill the gap.

If you find the time hard to do why not contact Pacey and ask if it is possible to do this during the day when little one is sleeping? You can't be the only one finding this hard and once they know they should try to accomodate you
    Debbie

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So, I did the first of the 3 webinars on Wednesday, with my daughter on my lap for half of it. Anyway, the technology worked, it was delivered well and the content was interesting, but, as Chatterbox said, I think it should have been delivered BFORE registration. Luckily I had found all the information via this forum and childcare.co.uk .
    The most interesting point was that my area support contact person has changed and no one told me, and that I should of had at least one support visit. I now have the correct details and will hopefully get a visit after the half-term break.

5. Likes Chatterbox Childcare liked this post
    Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

So, almost a month after the webinar I've just received a request for feedback. Once I've completed the form (designed for face to face training with children), I'll be sent a certificate of participation- in other words my certificate is being held to ransom!

Simona Guest

So, almost a month after the webinar I've just received a request for feedback. Once I've completed the form (designed for face to face training with children), I'll be sent a certificate of participation- in other words my certificate is being held to ransom!
    Yes ...same here
    My LA will not release certificates until we feedback...ransom indeed!

Sept 14
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm holding their feedback to ransom until I've received a copy of the notes/ slides we were promised. I also suggested a relevant feedback form would be helpful.

Simona Guest

I'm holding their feedback to ransom until I've received a copy of the notes/ slides we were promised. I also suggested a relevant feedback form would be helpful.
    Good for you!!!! time we stood up to some of their practices
    keep us posted