Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pacey Level 3 online - anyone done it?

Hi all, I'm a new childminder and have signed up for the Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Peoples Workforce (the current one before the change). I've done my 2 webinars and have my workbook, but am waiting for my induction pack to come through. I spoke to Pacey today and they're so busy with people signing up before September, it'll be a few more weeks. The lady said just to log, look around and I can get started before it comes through. I've done that and it means nothing to me - can't for the life of me see (in plain english!) what I need to do! Any ideas?

may 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JulieH View Post
    Hi all, I'm a new childminder and have signed up for the Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young Peoples Workforce (the current one before the change). I've done my 2 webinars and have my workbook, but am waiting for my induction pack to come through. I spoke to Pacey today and they're so busy with people signing up before September, it'll be a few more weeks. The lady said just to log, look around and I can get started before it comes through. I've done that and it means nothing to me - can't for the life of me see (in plain english!) what I need to do! Any ideas?
    Hi
    I have started the Pacey course too and struggling to get it to work. Just wondering if you have your induction pack now and an assigned tutor.

Thanks
    Noreen.

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noreenismail View Post
    Hi
    I have started the Pacey course too and struggling to get it to work. Just wondering if you have your induction pack now and an assigned tutor.

Thanks
    Noreen.

Hi, yes finally receive my pack and had a tutor assigned but I'd worked it out by then anyway. What problem are you having? I have to say it's not the easiest with doing your course from one website but uploading your work on another! I'm only on my first unit and I've had to ask my tutor lots of questions...honestly thought I'd be getting through this quicker. :-(

Simona Guest

JulieH...can you clarify what you mean by the 'current one before the change'
    The current Level 3 is EYE and that is the only one students can sign up to...this came in Sept 2014
    If you were already enrolled in the old NVQ then you would be able to finish that

The current EYE is a mixture of online and attendance...it is not all done on the computer because students need to record their hours of 'hands on' practice and work in various settings

If you are unsure of what to do get your tutor to help you...that is her job as the Level 3 is very costly and self funded

may 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi, yes finally receive my pack and had a tutor assigned but I'd worked it out by then anyway. What problem are you having? I have to say it's not the easiest with doing your course from one website but uploading your work on another! I'm only on my first unit and I've had to ask my tutor lots of questions...honestly thought I'd be getting through this quicker. :-(
    I don't have a tutor assigned yet.

I am struggling with motivation to complete the first unit. Do you know how long we have to finish the course.

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noreenismail View Post
    I don't have a tutor assigned yet.

I am struggling with motivation to complete the first unit. Do you know how long we have to finish the course.

I was told 18 months to finished the whole course. Are you on CT230?

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    JulieH...can you clarify what you mean by the 'current one before the change'
    The current Level 3 is EYE and that is the only one students can sign up to...this came in Sept 2014
    If you were already enrolled in the old NVQ then you would be able to finish that

The current EYE is a mixture of online and attendance...it is not all done on the computer because students need to record their hours of 'hands on' practice and work in various settings

If you are unsure of what to do get your tutor to help you...that is her job as the Level 3 is very costly and self funded
    Hi Simona, sorry yes I did mean before the change in Sep 2014 (I started this in August)...I have now heard back from my tutor, it's just a pain having to wait for an answer when you're sitting there wanting to get on. I guess that's the thing with home learning though!

Simona Guest

Hi Simona, sorry yes I did mean before the change in Sep 2014 (I started this in August)...I have now heard back from my tutor, it's just a pain having to wait for an answer when you're sitting there wanting to get on. I guess that's the thing with home learning though!
    Make sure you clarify with your tutor her availability, how long before she gets back to you so you are not left waiting for ages and stress you are keen to get on
    I assume you are paying for your course?
    There is a shortage of tutors for all these courses unfortunately but that should not be a reason not to communicate with students...good luck

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simona View Post
    Make sure you clarify with your tutor her availability, how long before she gets back to you so you are not left waiting for ages and stress you are keen to get on
    I assume you are paying for your course?
    There is a shortage of tutors for all these courses unfortunately but that should not be a reason not to communicate with students...good luck

Yes I am paying...quite a bit too! Thanks, I will speak to her and see what her availability usually it.