Qualifications advise!!!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Qualifications advise!!!

Hi everyone,
    I'm new here so please bare with me!!

I'm interested in becoming a registered childminder, and although I have 2 children of my own I know that's not a qualification!!
    I have looked at home-studying due to my youngest not yet started school and it enables me to study around work and family.
    I found a course on ICS, which would give me a ICS diploma in child day care and they also do a Child Psychology course.

But I am actually unsure what qualification I will need to become a registered child minder in the near future! .... I don't want to do the ICS courses if they are going to be unnecessary to the career!

Any help whatsoever will be greatly appreciated! I am researching at the moment aswell, and as I said I am new and don't have great knowledge in starting this up so please please be gently and patient lol

Many thanks in advance!

Registered Childminder since
    Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello and welcome

You need to contact your local authority's Family Information Service to see what the procedure in your area is. You will need to do 12 hour Paediatric 1st aid and a starting childminding course - the courses you are looking at will be good as professional development but they will not enable you to begin childminding you will need to contact your LA to book the courses. At the moment the registration course maybe called CYPOP5 but some areas use a different name, someone has posted on here that the course is changing in September.

Depending on where you are the process may be slightly different - England is registered by OFSTED, Wales by CSSIW, Scotland by SCSWIS and Northern Ireland by Social Services.
    Last edited by tulip0803; 23-06-2014 at 08:10 PM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/fo...06-2014-a.html

See above for more info on becoming a CMer.