level 3 diploma children and young peoples workforce?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default level 3 diploma children and young peoples workforce?

Hi, I wondered if you lovely people could give me the benefit of your knowledge and experience. I have been minding for 6mths now and want to do a qualification in childcare but which one? I have a hunger for knowing more about child development, observations, planning. Would the level 3 diploma satisfy this or do they just brief over each unit. I have found a level 3 in early years which I guess concentrates on the areas I am interested in. What are your thoughts if you have done this course? Is it worth it? were you disappointed with the content? Thanks

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have recently finished it via distance learning and I would recommend it highly. I wouldn't say it was very hard, it just takes up a good few hours of your week. You have to evidence a lot from your own setting so as you have been minding for six months you have some evidence to write about. The textbook gives good starting points for your answers and you have tutorials and your own research (usually Internet is enough).

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine73 View Post
    Hi, I wondered if you lovely people could give me the benefit of your knowledge and experience. I have been minding for 6mths now and want to do a qualification in childcare but which one? I have a hunger for knowing more about child development, observations, planning. Would the level 3 diploma satisfy this or do they just brief over each unit. I have found a level 3 in early years which I guess concentrates on the areas I am interested in. What are your thoughts if you have done this course? Is it worth it? were you disappointed with the content? Thanks
    A level 3 will open the doors for you to study further if that is what you want to do
    In Sept 2014 the new EYE starts at Level 3...so look out for companies that will deliver it....I think you have mentioned a few in another thread

Some people want to do it online ..others prefer to attend classes but usually the level 3 is once a week at college then support via an assessor