Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Level 3 - from home?

Hi all, I'm in the process of registering to become a childminder and want to do my Level 3. I'd prefer to do this from home so I've been searching around but am completely confused now!

Has anyone else done this or can you recommend a reputable company that offers a recognised qualification? There seems to be so many people online saying they're a scam and not worth it etc.

Any help/advice greatly appreciated.

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Pacey definitely do one.

If you have any remnants of a Family Information Service for you area they may have info of good ones.

You do have to be careful as some companies have been doing "lvl3" courses that are not actually recognised or at lvl3 standard

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

I am currently studying my level 3 and a bulk of it is from home but I attend classes about once a month? although it isnt compulsory. Mine is through PACEY.

I also know Rick who is a mod on the forum has done his entirely from home and Im sure he will be on later to let you know the details.

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, thank you...I'll have a look and hopefully will get some more info later too.

I had considered going to college but with starting childminding at the same time I think I may be putting too much on myself at the same time! I'm thinking if I can limit myself on numbers/days I can still earn a little but be able to give time to studying too. That's the plan anyway. ;-)

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

You may want to hold on for a few months (Sept I believe) for the EYE which will be the latest and newer one they are bringing out.

xxxxx

Simona Guest

Yes...keep your eye open for the EYE due to start Sept...there will be more news on this as many training providers will be preparing for this
    This course requires a GCSE in maths and English...this is very much the hot topic debated at present and there will be more info out soon

Preschool Learning Alliance (PLA) also offers the Level 3 and I know they are preparing for EYE as well

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have just finished mine through The Childcare Company and they were very good. Beware trying to start it too soon as the course often asks for you to evidence from your setting and childminding experience

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

im in the middle of mine, from home, with parenta xx
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, thanks for your advice everyone. Really not sure what to do...if I wait until Sept I will have to re-do my GCSE maths which scares me! If I spend a year doing that and then on to Level 3, I may lose the will to live!!

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing mine from home with PACEY - it does require work evidence so I would hang on for a bit if I were you.

What's this EYE everyone is mentioning?

Aug 14
    Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

If I started it at the same time as starting childminding, would that be ok do you think? Or would I need to working for a period of time first?

I think EYE is the new level 3 course coming in Sept...although I could be wrong!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD! Hurrah
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JulieH View Post
    If I started it at the same time as starting childminding, would that be ok do you think? Or would I need to working for a period of time first?

I think EYE is the new level 3 course coming in Sept...although I could be wrong!
    I would leave it at least 2 or 3 months if you can. You will obviously gain experience while doing your course too which will enable you to answer later questions. Your tutor may be able to order your questions according to your experience

Simona Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cookiesncream View Post
    Doing mine from home with PACEY - it does require work evidence so I would hang on for a bit if I were you.

What's this EYE everyone is mentioning?
    Early Years Educator (EYE) the new level 3 coming in Sept 2014
    More news will come out of this as the training providers prepare for the course and meet criteria

CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Early Years Education and Care (Early Years Educator)

May 11
    Post Thanks / Like

I started mine last week through my local college and I'm doing 2 days a week in a pre school I got a 24+ adult learning loan xx

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I am guessing that I won't be able to use my CYPOP5 towards if I leave starting my level 3 much longer, does anybody know please?

Dec 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Tulip - I've nearly finished my level 3 and some of the childminders who had CYPOP 5 were able to use theirs as one of their optional units. Ask your tutor, they will know. Good luck.

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tulip View Post
    I am guessing that I won't be able to use my CYPOP5 towards if I leave starting my level 3 much longer, does anybody know please?
    We just had to produce our certificate and the tutor marked it as seen

Jan 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Kirstylob and shortstuff, I haven't even applied to start it yet