Well, it has taken quite a bit of emailing, scanning, photocopying, reference writing, personal statements etc...

I ended up applying to 4 possible places that said they would consider me. They all offered me a place but with very different criteria...
University of East London - would have to start from scratch
London Metropolitan - would give me 90 credits from my HND (which states 240 credits on it) as it was over 5 years old
Open University - wouldn't allow me to do the Early Years course but would give me 180 credits towards an open degree
Doncaster - have accepted me on their top up route and so have accepted my full HND even though it is over 5 years old as they can see I have a lot of experience and kept up my CPD.

I got the letter from Doncaster today - the others I heard a couple of weeks ago and I did have to chase Doncaster up but I am so pleased! I can actually do just the top up and also in Early Childhood Studies instead of open degree and then having to explain every time I apply for anything!

So now to sort out the finance!

I am very excited and very nervous at the same time! Aaaaagh! Thank you all especially Smiley for all your help to get me this far. Does anyone know how I would get access to the part of this site to discuss the BA? Do I need a reference number etc? (I don't start til October so a while to go yet!)