Advice needed
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Advice needed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Advice needed

Hello everyone,

I am new on here and just wanted some advice really. I have been looking into becoming a childminder and I know that you need to register, however, I also wanted to know what courses would I need to do to become a qualified Childminder before I need to register?
    All help and suggestions would be really appreciated

Brigitte

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by B.Gathercole View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am new on here and just wanted some advice really. I have been looking into becoming a childminder and I know that you need to register, however, I also wanted to know what courses would I need to do to become a qualified Childminder before I need to register?
    All help and suggestions would be really appreciated

Brigitte
    The only reliable answer will come from your Local Authority as it is up to them to decide what courses you need to do in your area. It is usually CYPOP5 but do not assume that. There is also a 12-hour peadiatric first aid course but again check with your LA as they may specify which supplier you can use. Same with food hygiene and safeguarding. Your LA should have a free intro session about CMing and you can ask all your local-specific questions there. Good luck with it!