CYPW Level 3 Question - am I overthinking?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CYPW Level 3 Question - am I overthinking?

Hi

I have an assignment and one of the tasks says this:

'Design a developmental booklet for parents that describe age, stage and attern of development. The booklet must cover all areas of development including physical, social, emotional, cognitive and language from 0-19 years.'

I've been looking at this question for so long now and I think I've been overthining exactly what it is asking for. i was planning on writing a paragrph about each of the areas listed in the question for an age group, so 0-6 months, 6-12, 12-24, 24-36, 36-48, 48-60, then 5-8 years, 8-11, 11-15, 15-19. Does that sound about right or am I doing too much/not enough?

Where would I be best finding out about the older age groups?

Help!

Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I simply completed a table that across the top had each area of development and down the side was the ages. So for example it was quite similar to how our development matters book breaks the stages down into grids for each age bracket.

Here is what my 13 - 19 age grid looked like. I got alot of the older years information by searching the different areas:

PHYSICAL COGNITIVE/
    INTELLECTUAL
    COMMUNICATION SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT MORAL
    Girls are gradually reaching physical and sexual maturity. Boys are beginning to mature physically and sexually (12 – 15) High levels of skills (eg using computers) Use of phones and technology to communicate with friends Confidence and enjoyment when with friends. Being with friends is more likely to be more important than being with family Understanding about right and wrong and consequences of actions. Tries to arrive at decisions alone
    Occasional poor spatial awareness as a result of the body changing quickly – particularly common in boys. Increasingly able to memorize; to think logically about concepts; to engage in introspection and probing into own thinking; to plan realistically for the future Thrives on arguments and discussions Behavior linked to low self esteem (smoking, early promiscuity). Worries about grades, appearance, and popularity; is withdrawn, introspective. Could be easily swayed to treat people in a unfair manner (ie bullying) just to fit in with group of friends and to gain respect.
    Is concerned with appearance, and they are trying to explore their own identity. May read a great deal Commonly sulks; directs verbal anger at authority figure May show avoidance behaviors such as truanting, messing around in class and bullying. Usually feels parents are too restrictive Has conflicting feelings about dependence/independence
    Probability of acting on sexual desires increases Needs to feel important in world and to believe in something More likely to use slang or buzz words that are modern and hip, so that they stay part of the group. Once leaving education they will enter a significant stage in their lives as they will be leaving a familiar environment and must adapt to new codes, relationships and expectations May appear moody, angry, lonely, impulsive, self-centered, confused, and stubborn
    Good reading and writing skills May be strongly invested in a single, romantic relationship Is confused and disappointed about discrepancies between stated values and actual behaviors of family and friends; experiences feelings of frustration, anger, sorrow, and isolation
    Can use communication to negotiate and persuade people May be interested in sex as response to physical-emotional urges and as a way to participate in the adult world

3. Likes pinkellifun liked this post
    Mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

5. Likes pinkellifun liked this post
    Apr 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you so much for this help.