ou or local college to do a foundation degree

Hybrid View

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sara T View Post
    I am looking into Early Years Foundation degree and trying to get a local uni/ college campus through uni that deliver it but finding it impossible to get answers on days and times I would need to attend for part and full time courses!!

Full time uni doesnt mean same as full time standard jobs so I figured if it was 1 maybe 2 days in uni then I may be able to do it instead of evenings / weekends part time route but some of the course contacts are hard to get hold of! I spent almost an entire day off today contacting different places and all not much use!

Maybe something will come up in call backs next week. I love the OU idea but feel I would constantly feel like I needed to be ahead and wouldnt be able to cope with the discipline of doing the extra heavy workload alone on top of my current hefty workload and paperwork!

I really want to learn and progress but it seems its not always that easy and of course I cant just say to parents....ok Im off on tuesdays as off to uni now!! torn in the middle!!
    my FD and degree was afull time pathway. I attended college 1 evening a week (4.30-9l30pm) 1 day per week, 1 saturday a month for 2 years. Final year top up was one day (2-5pm-5-9pm) and one evening (6-9) every 2 weeks from sept-March.

I had a child free day every week so managed and did my studies this day. Working 5 days per week would be hard full time just means the amount of time you take to complete it (which in terms of uni costs is a big saver these days ).

have you considered the OU route?
    if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always got

Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I decided the college route after all x Thanks everyone for your reply s I am loving the course 4 weeks in