CYPOP 5 support group lol
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi emra just wondering how task 3 went for you. Hope it went well.

Sept 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hiya! I'm so sorry I've not had chance to update yet...was a crazy weekend, a long day at work and hubby is on lates/nights this week so my household to do list is all down to me...eek!

Anyway, it was absolutely fine. I was on the phone for less than 7 minutes! She said to tell her what I know about confidentiality and data protection and then anything else she needed she would prompt me for. I basically read what I'd written (pausing every now and then so she could write notes) and at the end she said I'd covered everything so had passed! I'd literally written up my notes from the relevant chapter in the textbook and added a bit more in from a bit of reading I did about the data protection act and the eyfs and that was pretty much it.

You'll be absolutely fine hun honestly. She said she'd prompt me for anything else she needed from me so it's really nothing to worry about at all. Will be thinking of you on Friday x

Non childminder member
    Nanny
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooh, can I join in please?

I am trying to do this but a week in and no tutor and I can't for the life of me find where I can access the tasks!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Just started CTPOP online with Pacey

Hi all,

I have started the course this week. I have started assessment task 1 and finding it a bit tricky to get into the swing of it. It was useful to see that one page or so is enough. I will have another go in the next day or two. My wife is doing the course as well and is much further on. I am not sure if this is good or bad!

Best wishes,
    LS

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi you two
    Battynora - hope you managed to find the tasks. It must be frutstrating if you want to get on with the tasks. Have you been assigned a tutor yet? I wonder if tasks don't appear until you have a tutor/assessor assigned.

Londonscotsman - best of luck with task1.

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

I have task 3 tonight. Eek to say I'm scared is an understatement. I haven't managed as much preparation as I wanted. Thanks kids lol. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm going start blabbing nonsense at 100miles an hour lol.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Petshrinklj - how did it go?

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Not too bad i was very nervous but I passed. I wasn't expecting my assessor to be writing down what I was saying. I knew the chat was meant to be recorded for assessment but I assumed that meant audio recorded. I naturally speak fast and turbo speed when nervous. So I found that hard as she kept needing me to stop for her to catch up and then I'd loose the flow of what I was saying. So my tip for anyone who hasnt done task 3 yet would be have some notes in front of you to prompt yourself when that happens.
    The thing I hadn't discussed was dealing with digital photos. I hadn't made notes on that. Opps But she prompted me on it so it was ok in end.
    Very glad its done though.
    How's your task 1 going?

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it me or is the review of session 3 impossibly vague. Eg. Info parent needs to give you well that could be loads of things. Im Getting a bit peed off with this task.

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I managed to get through task one in the end. It's been marked and was okay. I haven't got to session 3 yet so that's something to look forward to!

Dec 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Awaiting ins
    Non childminder member
    Trainee childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petshrinklj View Post
    Is it me or is the review of session 3 impossibly vague. Eg. Info parent needs to give you well that could be loads of things. Im Getting a bit peed off with this task.
    Evening, is this for task 6 working in partnership with parents? I haven't had my assignment back on this so i cant remember what i wrote for that bit. But ill look through my notes and see what i can help you with. :-)

Im on task 7 and its very long, intense and detailed.
    We have been given 2 weeks for this one rather than the usual 1. :-/

How are you getting on with your task? X
    Amanda's Little Pandas Childminding

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LondonScotsman View Post
    I managed to get through task one in the end. It's been marked and was okay. I haven't got to session 3 yet so that's something to look forward to!
    Yay well done for completing task1 . Are you working on your policies now?

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Amandak28 View Post
    Evening, is this for task 6 working in partnership with parents? I haven't had my assignment back on this so i cant remember what i wrote for that bit. But ill look through my notes and see what i can help you with. :-)

Im on task 7 and its very long, intense and detailed.
    We have been given 2 weeks for this one rather than the usual 1. :-/

How are you getting on with your task? X
    Hiya
    No it isn't task6 it was just a review thing supposedly to check my learning from last session. It was a crossword but the questions were things like info you need to give parents and info parents need to give you. I thought there was lots of potential answers for it so it drove me mad but did it in the end.
    I've now moved on to task 7. Is your the same as mine a case study about Manchu and Jessica?

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petshrinklj View Post

Yay well done for completing task1 . Are you working on your policies now?
    Yes I am, and its really painful! I have completed the accident/illness/emergency one ready to submit which I think (hope) is the longest one. I have just drafted the behaviour one and hope to do the equal ops and safeguarding tomorrow.

How is task 7?

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LondonScotsman View Post
    Yes I am, and its really painful! I have completed the accident/illness/emergency one ready to submit which I think (hope) is the longest one. I have just drafted the behaviour one and hope to do the equal ops and safeguarding tomorrow.

How is task 7?
    Sounds like your making good progress. Task 2 was definitely the most time consuming for me.

My task 7 feels a bit waffly lol. its a casestudy with questions. i answers the questions but when i looked at the assessment criteria i dont think my answers say everything they need to. I made a good start on it last week but i'm just struggled motivating myself to finish it.

I'd really like some feedback from my assessor before I submit any more assignments I've got tasks 5 and 6 unmarked and worried they're going to come back as in progress and I don't want too many assignments on the go at once.

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

I just purchased the course through PACEY. Got to wait up to a week for it to be emailed to me, but i am excited, it has taken me ages to be able to get the money for it, I dont have any! Excited!

Pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Zoe,

Welcome and good luck :-)

Paul :-)

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoeholt View Post
    I just purchased the course through PACEY. Got to wait up to a week for it to be emailed to me, but i am excited, it has taken me ages to be able to get the money for it, I dont have any! Excited!
    Goodluck

Feb 14
    Post Thanks / Like

Woohoo some of my work has been marked. Task 5 and 7 I need to add to but task 6 was good enough
    Not too much to add to so I think I will aim to resubmit 5 and 7 today.

I'm a bit stuck on task 8 its a table where you have to fill in signs, symptoms, indicators and behaviours that are signs of different types of abuse. I cant find where on the course it gives a definition of the differences between signs symptoms and indicators. And in the book it has signs and symptoms under same heading. Can anyone help? For instance, under neglect if I had a child that seemed very hungry. Could that be an indicator he isn't been fed adequately at home, a sign he isn't been fed or a symptom of not being fed?

nov 13
    Post Thanks / Like

hi I'm a newbie and I haven't long finished my cypop5 so am willing to help wherever I can as I know how hard it can be.

I believe that a symptom is a feeling or something you can't see and then a sign is the physical thing that you can see. so a child complaining of hunger would be symptom and noticing the child losing weight would be a sign.

hope that makes sense

21. Likes Petshrinklj liked this post

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast