Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: EYT

Registered Childminder since
    Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default EYT

Just been offered a place in September for the new Early Years Teacher course at Lancaster University on the Graduate Practitioner Pathway - anyone else on here offered the same?

Caterpillar
    Caterpillar

Jan 13
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like they are just taking the EYP course and renaming it! Are there any differences between the two?

Jun 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CLL View Post
    It sounds like they are just taking the EYP course and renaming it! Are there any differences between the two?
    Same - 'more professional' sounding title for parents apparently. My husbands an actual primary school teacher and I keep winding him up that I'm going to be a teacher too!
    Caterpillar

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

hi i have my interview next week, it will be made up of one to one chat, written task and group discussion, how was your interview any tips ? thanks Helen

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I have my observation of practise, setting tour and final interview tomorrow, it's the last part of my Eyts programme and I will find out in march if I've met all of the teaching standards and if I am an Early years teacher yikes !

6. Likes Bluebell liked this post
    apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to do the EYITT in september but I have got a D in science at GCSE and not a C !! What a bummer. I've been told I have to have this GCSE

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh no thats a shame - can you take an equivalancy test rather than the GCSE?

I also had a D for science and took the combined science GCSE in 2012 and managed to get an A* - might be worth a shot! I did a distant learning course but to be honest if I'd known I could access the syllabus and past papers on line I would have just done the revision through the BBC GCSE bitesize revision website!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

apr 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebell View Post
    oh no thats a shame - can you take an equivalancy test rather than the GCSE?

I also had a D for science and took the combined science GCSE in 2012 and managed to get an A* - might be worth a shot! I did a distant learning course but to be honest if I'd known I could access the syllabus and past papers on line I would have just done the revision through the BBC GCSE bitesize revision website!!

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x
    That's interesting. I will look into the equivalency tests. What distance learning course did you do and how long did it take? Wow A* well done you.

Mar 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I passed the maths equivalency last years in order to do EYPS, just paid for the exam £145 and used BBC bitesize

Apr 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I did the Oxford open learning which cost about £200 I think but I think I could have done it all myself as the syllabus and all the past exam papers were on line - then also GCSE bitesize does revision which makes it easier to learn.

I then booked the exams in the school - I had to pay an admin fee and an invigilator fee - but only on 1 of the exams as the others were at the same time as other students. Think it was about £30 in all?? Maybe £15 - it seems a long time ago now!

Smiley - was your equivalancy through the college / uni? It seems a lot of money!