Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Mnt training

Registered Childminder since
    Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Mnt training

Hi all

Does anyone have any experience with this company? I started a while ago but I'm finding the goal posts are moving. I seem to be working around my tutors holidays, some deadlines are one week and some are two
    Any suggestions?

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

sorry, never heard of them. is there a helpline you can call?

good luck x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi. I have just finished module one with them and have found them excellent. All my assignments have been two weeks, marked promptly and had no issues. Your experience does not sound good. Have you contacted their head office to ask them about your concerns? I have found them very supportive and I am sure they would want to know if one of their assessors has not been fair!
    Good luck.

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for that. I'm finding the assessor specifically a little confusing. As I'm childminding too I have set periods of time to study. Last week she sent me 2 tasks one of which I had already done?! The other has a week deadline on it, and as my visit is Thursday I will not have time to complete this! I hate not meeting deadlines as feel like I'm failing!
    She also keeps forgetting I'm a childminder and refers to my setting as a nursery which is a little bit annoying!

I'm a bit anxious about addressing it with my assessor as she will be assessing my future work!
    Have you had your end of module 1 assessment yet. How did it go!? We're they ok with the children being around

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like you are having a tricky time with it. I do not understand how you can be given an assignment and have a visit in the same week!
    I had my end of module visit about 3 weeks ago. I completed all the assignments (all with 2 weeks to do!) and then had about 3 weeks to prepare for the visit. I was a little nervous but she was nice and did not really do anything except observe until the professional discussions which she recorded. YUK! I then got 2 weeks off which was really great!
    I would call the head office and have a confidential chat with them and see what they say. You don't need to tell them your name at this stage but I think your assessor is being unreasonable and that is putting you under pressure.
    Hope it goes ok.