Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Default diploma level 3 children & young people's workforce

Hello everyone,wonder if you can help?
    I have done level 3 diploma in homebased childcare in 2009 and now I have signed myself up for diploma level 3 in children and young peoplesworkforce.
    What i wanted to ask is how long does it take to complete on average ?
    How much extra work it is on top of your childminding work and iis it do able?
    Is it lot of essays,researches or is it or work related ?
    I have 15months to complete but I also trying to join network so I will have to do QIA which is quality assurance which i can complete withn 2.5yrs of jpoining network.
    I must be mad but I really wanted more recognisable qualification if I will ever stop childmind.

May 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

i did this last yesar, my assessor was pretty intense but lovely, she liked me to do at least an assignment a week, i enjoyed the course BUT i was having every thursday and friday school time with no lo's - i now work 5 days and have trouble keeping up with cm paperwork as i dont like it taking over my weekends. It was lots of researching but also alot of it was things i do as a cm - enjoy
    I love my friends who live inside my laptop xx

sept 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I've just started it too have had first college day and got two essays on first day ! Can do it as quickly as you like had been done in 10 month's apparently! I have found that other c/m paperwork has gone on back burner abit but been good to challenge my practice! We need to keep in touch and give each other support!!!

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive just completed mine, it took 8 months but could have done it quicker if my tutor had not been changed at the start as the first one wasnt marking anything! I recommend you buy the Penny Tassoni book, it really helped and almost all the information you need is in there. It does tell you on each assignment how many hours they expect it to take but I found that most assignments I was doing quicker. I found the professional discussions the hardest - but then I like paperwork not talking!
    PM me if you would like any further help.

09/2006
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you for your reply

thank your for your replies ,apparently I dont have to go to college . The lady will come to mine once a months and set me work.
    And yes 100% fleurry,we can be study buddies

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I did mine last year - September to March. We went to class one evening every fortnight. The homework took me average 5-8 hours per fortnight. We also had assessments done while we were working which were fine

Sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

When does this have to be done by?
    Who do I get in touch with to actually do it?