Diploma Level 3 funding
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Diploma Level 3 funding

Hi - need some help please! I have just completed Level 2 Children & Young Persons workforce and now wish to start Level 3 Diploma. I did this through Parenta and this was funded but now they cant help with funding the Level 3. Can anyone help regarding funding? My Local Authority are not very helpful!

And does the course really cost £1800? So much money!!

Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why you can't do the Level 3 with Parenta as I know some on here have.
    Not sure about cost in your area, but here in Suffolk it's £1200 to attend the local college part time to do it.
    Hope you find some funding, I've been searching and there's hardly any around now

Nov 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Access to funding often depends on whether you've recently had funding to complete another course. If you've just done level 2, that might bar you from receiving funding for level 3.

Also, bear in mind that almost all funding will cease this year when government introduces what it laughably refers to as "apprenticeships". Really just a way of denying training to those of us who are clearly "past it" (ie. over 25) whilst cycling young people off the dole for a few months and providing large employers with very cheap labour.

Rant end