EYPS September 2012
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    md0u0131 Guest

Default EYPS September 2012

Just had an official offer through - I have a place on the 6month programme starting in September 2012 - am going to be based in York.

Is anyone else doing it?

Registered Childminder since
    July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

No, sadly not slogging through level 3 first although am wondering if I should have gone for EYPS first. Where did you get your information from?

Good luck - I think it's really exciting

md0u0131 Guest

www.bestpractice.net - it's fully funded, I wish I'd done this first instead of my Level 3 as I had to pay for my Level 3 myself because I already had a degree.

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello

I'm quite near you - Boroughbridge, up the A1. I'm starting the 6 month EYPS with Best Practice in September as well but think I'm going to based at Harrogate College (to be honest I don't think I have any info confirming where it is at the moment and I'm not too far from York so you never know).

Am I right in thinking Selby is North Yorkshire? According to my CSSO there are only a couple of childminders with EYPS in North Yorks at the moment. I know a couple around here starting in September so hopefully we can up the numbers!!

Sarah

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey you! After I posted about this a couple of days ago I was wondering how you had got on. That's great news! I think I am going to go for it as well, problem is I'm coming from the opposite direction (having already got QTS) to most other people doing it...anyhow, well done again.

md0u0131 Guest

Nipper - I already have QTS too!

md0u0131 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ellienellieboo View Post
    Hello

I'm quite near you - Boroughbridge, up the A1. I'm starting the 6 month EYPS with Best Practice in September as well but think I'm going to based at Harrogate College (to be honest I don't think I have any info confirming where it is at the moment and I'm not too far from York so you never know).

Am I right in thinking Selby is North Yorkshire? According to my CSSO there are only a couple of childminders with EYPS in North Yorks at the moment. I know a couple around here starting in September so hopefully we can up the numbers!!

Sarah
    Hi Sarah, Boroughbridge isn't far at all - give me a shout if you want to meet up anytime! Selby is North Yorkshire - there are no EYPS childminders in Selby - we may have the same CSSo - are her intitials WP?

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I know you do.

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done - I have looked at this (I have QTS too) but wondered about relevance and more importantly if I had time to fit it in my busy life. Are you working full time and do you have a family? Would like to know what sort of commitment you need to complete it.

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile

LOL no, my CSSO has the initials TP. Trying to work out who yours is in Selby! I'm also coming to EYPS as an ex primary teacher, but still wondering what I am letting myself in for. Would be great to have a North Yorks Childminders EYPS support group to get us through the six months - and a lot of wine!!

July 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm working fulltime 7.30-6pm and have an eight year old and a five year old. I would have to pull out all the stops to do this, but the way I look at it, whilst I was teaching I never ever went for promotion because I was just happy being a class teacher. Now, it's different i.e. the buck stops here, own business and all that.

Jan 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Can see where you are coming from and I am looking to do something else - have looked at MEd and research qualifications as well as open university - just cant decide what to do and when!

md0u0131 Guest

I work full time and have a 3-yr old. i just don't sleep and I'm the sort of person who has to be doing something, I don't watch a lot of TV as I just can't sit still that long!

I have always had some form of course going on in the background - Level 3 / OU courses I love studying, my dream is a Masters, then a PhD....(just need a lottery win first!)

I'm doing it as it looks really interesting and a a fabulous opportunity to study in more detail and hopefully pick up new skills and improve my practice even more.

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just had an offer through too, only got the email this morning asking for my details, had a quick chat on the phone at 5 this afternoon and got an offer through at 5.18!!!
    Not sure what I've got myself into now

md0u0131 Guest

yay JumpingJax!! We'll get through it together

Did you have to do the English test?

md0u0131 Guest

Ellie - I think I know who yours is!

I'll PM you the name of ours.

Wine sounds good!!

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I've got to do the comprehension test, tried to do it when all the lo's had left last night, but really couldn't focus so I've put it off until the weekend.

Must say I'm starting to wonder what I've got myself into...again!

In the last 18months i've done my diploma, become an Early language lead practioner and become accredited. Stupidly thought I might chill out for the next year and 'just look after children'

NOV 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi there,
    Do you know when the intakes are? I have been looking and still undecided whether or not to apply but wondered when they started i.e. every september etc?
    Thanks!

md0u0131 Guest

I'm assuming it's just september although there maybe another 6-month intake in March maybe?

Just to let you know though the closing date for this September is 30/6/12 so get in quick!

May 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just completed the comprehension test...complete with spelling and gramma mistakes!!!!
    maybe someone should tell them their english test isn't accurate?!?!
    Printed off all documents and am sending everything off today