Funding? or going it alone with a little help from my friends?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Funding? or going it alone with a little help from my friends?

Don't know if I have put this in the right place

I have been informed today that the government has stopped funding for the apprenticeship in children's and young people's workforce level 3

I have just been accepted (received certificate) as a childminder by Ofsted so now need to advertise so have no children to look after at the moment.

Thing is, I really want to do this level 3, i used to be a childminder 1997-2005 and loved it but there were too many childminders in my area so went out to work , I now wish to return to a profession I know I will love.

What do you think I should do? See if there are any part time places in local nurseries (which I dont think there is and will limit my childminding time) for funding, or go to a local college? (which will limit my time to childmind) or beg my friends for money and do an online course? or just start childminding and save with the little profit I will make as starting up costs have depleted my bank balance?

Advice/information/guidance will be appreciated. What have/did you do?

Angela

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My local college funded me fully, any chance yours will fund you? Or local NCMA offered 3/4 of the cost?

I only had to go into college every other Tuesday for 2 hours, the rest of the work was done at home. I don't know about the on-line courses but someone will come along soon who does. I hope you find something, good luck!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by angelinthegarden View Post
    Don't know if I have put this in the right place
    Angela
    Don't worry Angela, it is easy for us to move them I've popped you into Training and Courses as I think you will get more replies there.
    Pauline x

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by funemnx View Post
    My local college funded me fully, any chance yours will fund you? Or local NCMA offered 3/4 of the cost?

I only had to go into college every other Tuesday for 2 hours, the rest of the work was done at home. I don't know about the on-line courses but someone will come along soon who does. I hope you find something, good luck!
    Will look into local college, my circumstances are strange at the moment but all will change in July so could possibly see about college after September but want to do it now lol.
    Funds are a little short at the mo so the NCMA is not an option for me
    Thank you for your reply.
    Angela

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure is Sheila is still offering the free funding, but it might be worth checking this thread as it is in your area Angela, no harm in asking:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=75738
    Pauline x

Oct 06
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm about to start mine in September in the local college, however, I have to fund it myself and have applied for a grant from local council who will fund up to 1/3 of cost if I'm lucky. It's not cheap but they have offered a payment plan and it won't interfere with my minding as it's for 1 evening a fortnight

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    I'm not sure is Sheila is still offering the free funding, but it might be worth checking this thread as it is in your area Angela, no harm in asking:

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/...ad.php?t=75738
    Thank you Pauline, I have emailed Sheila.

May 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjane View Post
    I'm about to start mine in September in the local college, however, I have to fund it myself and have applied for a grant from local council who will fund up to 1/3 of cost if I'm lucky. It's not cheap but they have offered a payment plan and it won't interfere with my minding as it's for 1 evening a fortnight
    Might have to look into this further, looks like my only option at the moment, thank you.

Angela