CYPOP5 passed yipee!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Default CYPOP5 passed yipee!

Yey Ive just had an email through that Ive passed my CYPOP5! I really wasnt expecting that as I thought I'd put minimalist info in and had it finished in 3 weeks, but I got really good comments so I'm very pleased! the assessor comment was 'This is the first time I have EVER marked all tasks as competent at the first try so VERY well done' (just blowing my own trumpet now lol )
    If anyones stuck with any questions let me know I'll happily help.
    Would also like to say I did it through MNT training and have found them great, I didnt use the support tutor but they marked my work within a week and have been very efficient so if anyones wondering whether to go through them or NCMA I would choose MNT as also cheaper!
    Last edited by bezi123; 19-04-2012 at 01:49 PM.

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done you I am going to do mine online but my LA said it had to be with NCMA, as they like to do taught courses but made an exception due to my circumstances. I'm going to be doing it in the next few weeks though so may take you up on your offer of help! xx

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well done

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys,
    Beaka, your LA shouldnt tell you who you have to do the course with, its exactly the same course, with the same questions so dosnt make any difference other than the cost and efficiency of the course provider, unless your LA are funding it, then I guess its up to them? I was told by my LA I had to do a classroom based course but I couldnt do the dates so just went ahead and did the online one as its Ofsteds requirements not the LA's.

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beaka View Post
    Well done you I am going to do mine online but my LA said it had to be with NCMA, as they like to do taught courses but made an exception due to my circumstances. I'm going to be doing it in the next few weeks though so may take you up on your offer of help! xx
    With the issues I am having with the NCMA course people at the moment, I would strongly suggest avoiding them if you can!

It took them forever just to confirm that all my work had been received and passed to an assessor. The email said it would take them 7-14 days to assess- it was one day away from a month!
    I had work sent back for extra info and the timescale they gave me was ridiculous (3 weeks) considering I'm working 6am-7pm at the mo with my own 18 month as well! I've tried to contact them countless times the last few days to a week as my works due back today and I've been having issues with my internet (lovely ol' virgin media and their 'current known issues') so not been able to upload all my amendments- have the responded yet? NO! If they dare lock my profile tomorrow and refuse my amendments all hell will be breaking loose!

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry for highjacking slightly there!

Congratulations bezi123 xx

May 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I am funding myself and from what you have both said I think I will go with the other provider! My LA's course is not for months and miles away from my home, I don't drive so taxis would have cost more than the course Personally I don't see what difference it makes how/who you do the course with if it's the same one. xx

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Bezi123!
    Littlelegs, have you tried phoning? They won't lock your account for approx a month after your submission date (or they didn't on mine even though I submitted on time).
    I've actually had my task 8 sent back (again ) and I'm really stuck on what to add. If I get it back by 25th the assessor said she'd mark it straight away but I really think I need help

Feb 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good Aug12
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Two Princesses View Post
    Well done Bezi123!
    Littlelegs, have you tried phoning? They won't lock your account for approx a month after your submission date (or they didn't on mine even though I submitted on time).
    I've actually had my task 8 sent back (again ) and I'm really stuck on what to add. If I get it back by 25th the assessor said she'd mark it straight away but I really think I need help
    Yeah but apparently they have high staff shortages at the moment so its taking them just as long to reply to voicemails. Funny enough though, I left another message after I received my 'deadline submission' email this morning (thank god for smart phones is all I can say!) and they replied to that straight away! apparently my file is open until the 3rd of May so fingers crossed the internet is sorted by then!

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Two princesses, would you like me to send you my answer for task 8? I'm sure you've probably mentioned most the points I have, I bet every assessor marks the tasks differently, just might give you an idea of any extra bits you can add

Oct 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

if you wouldnt mind, that would be fab! thank you will pm you my email addy

Dec 11
    Post Thanks / Like

CONGRATULATIONS!!! VERY WELL DONE

pre-reg
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Bezi123 - I'm starting task 4 and completing the course feels like a distant dream at the moment!

Dec 201
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking Well done

OMG I am so jealous. Have got 2 tasks to go but haven't referred to EYFS in anything so far as I'm not really OFAY (is that how you spell it?) with it. Once I've finished I am thinking I should then read EYFS again and see what I need to add. I am terrified it will all get sent back but at least it will buy me a bit more time.
    WELL DONE!

pre-reg
    Non childminder member
    parent
    Post Thanks / Like

well done