Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: sick children

Registered Childminder since
    june 04
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sick children

Last week one of my mindees was sent home from school sick, the parents phoned me and asked if I would look after their child I said no, if they are too ill for school then they are too ill to come here to me.

Why do parents think we want to look after their children when they are ill, I think they have got the hump with me because when they drop him off in the mornings they hardly speak when they used to be quite chatty.

Pipsqueak Guest

You done absolutely the right thing. You are not a nurse.

I suppose you can understand to apoint why the parents asked you but regardless you don't want illness going round your Setting either.

i would be sending out a newsletter accompanied with your sickness policy.
    explaining that you are NOT a nurse and if illness strikes your household then it could be over a week potentially several families (not just one) loose childcare and you loose your income