Hose pipe ban and £1000 fine!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Hose pipe ban and £1000 fine!

Apparently if we are caught watering the garden, filling a paddling pool or washing the car we can face a £1000 fine... Ok so I get there is a water shortage but it makes me laugh we are on a water meter and pay for what we use then to be told if we use it we will be fined! I want a discount for what I am not allowed to use lol

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

300 MILLION GALLONS!!!

Seriously... 300 million gallons of water are lost every DAY!!!!! because of leakages etc and yet the bosses were given huge bonuses and we are going to get fined £1000 for filling up a paddling pool!!! Crazy!
    Last edited by EmmaReed84; 05-04-2012 at 05:43 AM.

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Not after the amount of rain and snow we have had. How about they sort out the leak from the top of my road, which has been gushing out for over a week. I have contacted the Water board who said "Right we will have a look" and still have not been, shall I put the water in buckets and send it round the country

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HazeyDayz View Post
    Not after the amount of rain and snow we have had. How about they sort out the leak from the top of my road, which has been gushing out for over a week. I have contacted the Water board who said "Right we will have a look" and still have not been, shall I put the water in buckets and send it round the country
    Better still, send your water company a fine for £1000 made payable to you lol

June 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EmmaReed84 View Post
    Better still, send your water company a fine for £1000 made payable to you lol
    Too right I will charge them to have their water back !!!! honestly this country

onceinabluemoon Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HazeyDayz View Post
    Too right I will charge them to have their water back !!!! honestly this country
    haha, they already charge you for getting their water back (sewage charges), think that ship has sailed, lol.

Blooming outrageous that there are leaks everywhere that don't get fixed and they are banning hosepipes. I don't think it affects us ... yet!

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

i want to know how they intend to enforce it. i don't read the news - i haven't had a letter etc so if i use my hose today how am i meant to know if my area of the country is affected or not???
    Blessed Be!

June 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kindredspirits View Post
    i want to know how they intend to enforce it. i don't read the news - i haven't had a letter etc so if i use my hose today how am i meant to know if my area of the country is affected or not???
    A nosey neighbour might dob you in

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

yes but unless they tell me there is a ban in place how do i know??
    Blessed Be!

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you all really want a laugh!! They have said on the radio this morning that they have put a ban on hose pipes because it was a cheaper way of saving water than mending all the leaks

You have to laugh at the logic don't you!

By the way you can still fill your paddling pools and water plants and clean your car as long as you don't use the hose pipe. So you can use a watering can and buckets.

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

What gets me is that I use a hosepipe with one of those 'gun' attachements. The ones that do different shaped sprays and only come on when I pull the 'trigger'. Using one wouldn't use any more water than a watering can but certainly makes life easier when trying to water the top shelf in my little plastic greenhouse.

Also because I have decking my outside tap is only a few inches above ground level. I did have an extension fitted to make it higher but this burst in the cold weather (lots of water EVERYWHERE!) and was removed by the emergency plumber. Now I have to use a hosepipe, with the trigger end, to fill the watercans as they won't actually fit under the tap!!
    Last edited by Bridey; 05-04-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Its daft isn't it. I would guess you may well use less water as well but I suppose they want to stop people filling large swimming pools and leaving sprinklers on all the time.

mar09
    Post Thanks / Like

what are men going to do on the sunday if they're not washing their car ah ah ah ah sorry it's a sight that always crack me up during bank holiday half the people cut their grass the other half wash their cars ah ah aha h

no offence it's just funny to see everyone out cutting or mowing without talking to each other

Dec 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The other daft thing is that they gave us warning ... so I jet washed my decking last week before the ban came in! The weather was extraordinarily obliging

Oct 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridey View Post
    The other daft thing is that they gave us warning ... so I jet washed my decking last week before the ban came in! The weather was extraordinarily obliging
    Thats what I spent last Friday doing to my patio and all the outdoor toys