Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Elmer

Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Elmer

Trying to teach my little boy colours so I have ordered Elmer to read with him, Ive never read it before so was wondering if this was a good choice. Are they any good websites with Elmer activites on? Thankyou, Jodie x

Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

My two are 19 and 17 and they grew up with Elmer. It is the one thing of theirs I was never allowed to use for childminding, their Elmer books! They are now in a box in the loft but I still have orders to buy any new books I spot and add to the collection

I have therefore had to buy my own set for childminding. I have a DVD with some of the stories on, the stuffed toy, and recently bought a first jig saw in Selfridges so 17 years on I can't resist Elmer

He is lovely and as you can see we are great fans.

Not sure about web sites.

Here are some links that might be of interest:

http://www.teachpreschool.org/2010/0...-the-elephant/

http://learningparade.typepad.co.uk/...resources.html

http://www.tes.co.uk/taxonomySearchR...the%20elephant

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Elmer-Elepha.../dp/B0000XO2IS

The last link is to Amazon and you can buy Elmer Snap cards if you go through the link on the Forum for Amazon the forum earns a bit of income.

Thanks for posting I have found some resourses which I will be making use of.
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 10-02-2012 at 07:51 AM.

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Like rickysmiths my children grew up with Elmer and I have most of the books for mindees now, I found the soft toy packed away when we moved house and he is back in the playroom too for mindees, they love him

A classic character.

Thanks for the links RS, will take a look
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Non childminder member
    Parent
    Post Thanks / Like

Thankyou for the lovely links I cant believe I have 2 older children and Ive never had this book or read it before I have ordered the book and soft toy for him. Cant wait for them to arrive

Jodie x

Penny1959 Guest

I 'did' Elmer with my minded children at the end of last year.

I have ahome made elemer story sack - quite a large one.

One of the most successful things we did was to make Elmer placemats - drew and colour / stick on printed picture of elmer and colour sqaures all around the edge (there is a good one on www.******.co.uk - but is in the members area - that has a subsrciption fee)

Any way each snack or mealtime we used our mats to find a particular - on elmer. in the room , sometimes through the colour of our plates or food - but always did something. By doing this up to 5 times a day the chioldren could all find some colours and one of them knew all the colours by the end of the month

Penny