Thread: lego land??

Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default lego land??

sorry me again!!
    has anyone been to lego land? is it any good,,, what age would it be good for,, I have a 12yr old and a 10yrold,, would they be too old for this?

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

legoland discovery centre or legoland windsor x

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh,, didnt know there were two,, its windsor we were looking at

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

its great, good rides and great things to do. ideal for their age too i'd say.

well worth it, mine loved it, so did me and DH. we spent loads of time in the build and race bit. make your own lego car and race it with friends. some rides are small but ohers are bigger, graet for all ages.

go for it.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

Oct 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good :-)
    Post Thanks / Like

sorry for go to say - lego discovery is nothing compared to windsor - great day out still but deffo windsor all the way to entertain for the whole day.
    lego discovery is more for the morning or afternoon.
    Weightloss -2lbs (14lb to go)

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say it's a little too young for your age children.
    Last time we went my son was 11 and said it was a bit 'babyish'
    I wouldn't go anywhere near a themepark in the summer hols tho'
    Sorry to contradict others. Not saying it isn't good!

Sep 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Legoland

I was there on Thursday!!

I personally think 12 year olds would be bored - the 10 year old you might get away with depending on how 'grown up' they are. If you're taking them with younger kids and they like to be the helpful older brother/sister you should be fine.

I think it's great for 3 to 8 year olds - lots of fun but lots of queueing. There were a few rides that my nearly 2 year old enjoyed - the submarine ride was a hit as she got to see fish and sharks through the windows at the bottom but it was a constant battle to keep her occupied during the wait, especially as some people weren't very patient with the fact she was small and bored

They have some great live shows - the pirate show has lots of acrobatic and water stunts which we all enjoyed. Lots of the rides do involve water though so you get a bit soggy - spare clothes are an idea

We used the current Vanish 2 for 1 vouchers and only ended up paying for 2 adults (there was 2 adults, a 7 and 6 year old and 3 under 3's - who are always free). It ended up being a real bargin day which is good as I wasn't very keen on paying full price for everyone!

They were also doing a kid eats free with every paying adult after 5pm (under 3'd were free again) so we only paid for 2 adults for dinner - we took lunch, snacks and drinks with us.

All in all we had over 8 hrs of fun

Mar 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

im goin next wk with a 14yr old, 3yr old an 16mth old.... Cant wait xx

Aug 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

took our son to legoland windsor for our son's 5th birthday and it was just amazing. now, none of us like rides but the displays were fantastic and our son loved the water splash area. we were there for the last week of the season (october) and the firework display was breathtaking, never been to one as good as that before or since. it was freezing cold that weekend but there were hot soup stands around and crusty rolls. it's one of the happiest memories i have.
    i would have thought it might be a bit childish for older kids but surely older kids would marvel at the displays and get inspiration for better lego models to build when they get home? maybe it's just the kid in me - i loved it!

Oct 97
    Post Thanks / Like

Depends what your children are into really, if they are looking for big rides they would be better off at Thorpe park but if it's more entertainment plus some rides then Lego land ticks the box.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We went a while ago with our grandchildren then aged 2, 6 and 7. They enjoyed it, there were some big rides which were not suitable for them but I would say on the whole it is aimed at younger children than yours.

My biggest gripe is that you pay all that money to get in and then they charge you to get out of the car park!!!! WHAT??? We couldn't believe it

You have to buy a ticket and then put it in the exit barrier and the queues to get through the barrier where horrendous, it took us nearly an hour and drivers were getting irate if someone pushed in from another roadway from the car parks. There was a lot of car park rage going on.

After a long day of walking around all you want to do is get on the road home so why make it so difficult. It would be easier to add £1 to the admission price.
    Last edited by Pauline; 29-08-2011 at 05:43 PM.
    Pauline x

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my 11 year old loves it, and she is a very grown up 11 year old she's not keen on big roller coasters, so its just right for her! We have just invested in merlin cards and looking forward to going many times over the next year. fortunately we don't live to far from Windsor so can pop down later in the day when it gets a bit quieter and we won't have to pay for parking

oct 02
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pauline View Post
    We went a while ago with our grandchildren then aged 2, 6 and 7. They enjoyed it, there were some big rides which were not suitable for them but I would say on the whole it is aimed at younger children than yours.

My biggest gripe is that you pay all that money to get in and then they charge you to get out of the car park!!!! WHAT??? We couldn't believe it

You have to buy a ticket and then put it in the exit barrier and the queues to get through the barrier where horrendous, it took us nearly an hour and drivers were getting irate if someone pushed in from another roadway from the car parks. There was a lot of car park rage going on.

After a long day of walking around all you want to do is get on the road home so why make it so difficult. It would be easier to add £1 to the admission price.
    i agree, we used to live about 30 mins from legoland, and i would say its best for up to 10 yr olds, unless you have a legomad older child, who will just want to spend all day looking at miniland. we had annual passes & used to go later in the day, then leave either before the end of the day, or stay after the park closes and have a cup of tea or something in one of the restaurants, and wait for the carparks to empty out! the carpark rage was a nightmare! getting in wasn't always much fun either! i had a car get seriously overheated having to queue going up that long slow hill!

however, i have NEVER had to pay to get OUT of legoland! never heard of that before! the only time i've paid topark is when my mum decided to park in the special parking closest to the entrance ( and actually, she paid! )

for theme park type rides i would go to thorpe park or chessington.

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by loocyloo View Post
    i agree, we used to live about 30 mins from legoland, and i would say its best for up to 10 yr olds, unless you have a legomad older child, who will just want to spend all day looking at miniland. we had annual passes & used to go later in the day, then leave either before the end of the day, or stay after the park closes and have a cup of tea or something in one of the restaurants, and wait for the carparks to empty out! the carpark rage was a nightmare! getting in wasn't always much fun either! i had a car get seriously overheated having to queue going up that long slow hill!

however, i have NEVER had to pay to get OUT of legoland! never heard of that before! the only time i've paid topark is when my mum decided to park in the special parking closest to the entrance ( and actually, she paid! )

for theme park type rides i would go to thorpe park or chessington.
    The car parking fee was introduce last season I believe, fortunately with premium merlin passes the parking is included
    I think you have to assess whether your chilren like big rides or not, we went to chessington last week and my 11 year old was to scared to go on anything, so was I ) the reason we like lego land is because there are more medium sized rides.