Sonic Cat Repellers
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sonic Cat Repellers

Hi, can I just ask if anyone has any idea if these are any good??? We are having real problems with a neighbours (4 +) cats using mine and June's gardens as a toilet. We have put spikes around the top of the fences, but the little still keep finding a way in!!!

I was looking that the sonic things, but as they are at least £20 wondered if anyone knew if they worked - or any other suggestions (humane of course ) for getting rid of cats (and more importantly their poo ) from our gardens!!!! Thanks

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Sonic Cat Repellers

I have used these, they do work although the effect does lessen after a few months.
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    "GOOD"
    Post Thanks / Like

My dad used to keep a water gun in the bathroom & when he saw a cat in the back garden he would squart water at the cat after awhile the cat's stopped coming in to his garden. Worth a try.

Shirl

Post Thanks / Like

I am having the same problems and its driving me insane, nothing I have tried is working

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I have found the way!!! I had a dog up until last year, and never had cats in my garden. Poor Barney went to heaven and the cats found out, and have been pooing in my garden since. In fact they have been getting more prolific pooers recently, and ripping my dustbin bags open.
    So I have discovered Pepper Dust. You buy it from garden centres, or hardware stores. I paid £6.50 for quite a big pot, but since I sprinkled it where I have had problems with them, they haven't done anything.
    So get yourselves down there and buy some, it really works.

may 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem too. If I see one in my garden I run out like a mad woman I don't mind them coming in the garden as long as they don't poo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bekki0405 View Post
    I have found the way!!! I had a dog up until last year, and never had cats in my garden. Poor Barney went to heaven and the cats found out, and have been pooing in my garden since. In fact they have been getting more prolific pooers recently, and ripping my dustbin bags open.
    So I have discovered Pepper Dust. You buy it from garden centres, or hardware stores. I paid £6.50 for quite a big pot, but since I sprinkled it where I have had problems with them, they haven't done anything.
    So get yourselves down there and buy some, it really works.
    Thanks will try and get some of that!!!! Like you Angiemog I am turning into a woman possessed

Jan 84
    Post Thanks / Like

My neurotic neighbour has one and ever since my cats have been having very bad trouble with their ears and are under treatment from the vets who say that it is caused by these things. She put those spikes up as well and I made her take them down as it is my fence, she also objects to me feeding the birds in MY garden as they fly over hers. She knew when she moved here that I had cats as she only lived a few doors away, so she shouldn't have moved in if she didn't like the cats should she. She also doesn't like the kids being here.
    If you put citrus peel down in your garden that will stop them as well.
    Teacake2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Teacake, will try that as well!!!

Dont actually mind the cats popping thro my garden (the kids quite like to see them), but its not fair when I dont have pets that I have to worry about someone elses pets pooing in my garden!! I would have soon got shouted at if my dog had done it on someone elses garden (when I had one prior to minding)!!!

Why move into a terraced house when you have half a dozen cats that need to get out - and their garden is covered in stones, hence the cats use ours instead!!!

LOOPYLISA Guest

I love cats , we have 3, but hate other coming in and doing there buisness there are loads round here

I have heard garlic, citrus too

May 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Becki0405 - you'll probably find it's not cats ripping open your rubbish bags but foxes - I've never known a cat to do that.

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

theres a plant you can grow which cats dont like the scent of

am sure its called something like catshoo...its on ebay i think

x x x
    Jennie x x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mookins View Post
    theres a plant you can grow which cats dont like the scent of

am sure its called something like catshoo...its on ebay i think

x x x

Thanks for that Mookins, have ordered some, hopefully they will work. Didn't really want to put anything down that might not be safe with the lo's around, so will see how we get on with these!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I bought a sonic thing and all the cats still come in and poo it's so frustrating I am like a madwoman every time a cat comes in the garden as i dont want the babies and toddlers rolling in cat poo.
    The cats do get in the wheely bin and rip open the bags am fed up of having to shoo the little -------------ers away.
    We put pepper dust out we have tried everything !
    We spent 300 pounds doing the bottom of the garden with the play bark only to find the cats from next door but one had pooed in it . It took us 3 weeks to get rid of all the bark and then we had to invest in soft play mats
    I hate the cats!
    Linx

Post Thanks / Like

Thats exactly how i feel!! its so annoying! We have put spikes on the fences, but they just jump over where the concrete posts are - gonna stick some on there next (spikes not cats although ....... just joking honest )!!

Have just put down orange peel, so will see if they have left me any presents in the morning and have ordered plants as I posted above - got a supply of tennis balls handy, not that i can throw well enough to hit them even if i wanted to, but it might just frighten them off!!!

What ever happened to them using litter trays

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

You can also try Lion dung!!! I got some from our local zoo last summer, an we didn't have a cat in for months - good for the roses too

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

hope the catshoo works can it be grown in pots then you could put a bit everywhere?!

lion dung that is a fab idea

x x x
    Jennie x x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I have the same problem with cats Again I really do like cats and we have a really friendly one come to visit us but why of why do they have to do their business in MY garden!! I remember cats use to dig a hole and cover it over not any more Yesterday I found a deposit just left on kerb stones surrounding the flower bed!
    I know cats generally don't use their own gardens as toilets and I often catch next doors cat in my garden, but not sure if it is her or not.
    I've tried citrus peel and garlic but didn't work so will be getting some pepper dust.

Fingers crossed
    Avril x

Post Thanks / Like

I had read about lion dung too!!! Have ordrerd 6 cat shoo plants 3 each for June and I and will place them in pots and move them round the garden see if that works!!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a cat for 17 years until a couple of weeks ago and didn't have the slightest bit of trouble with cats pooing in any of my gardens but before I got one I did have lots of cats in my first garden and I used to squirt them with a hose pipe - I know now as a minder I am going to have to find some sort of humane measures now to keep the garden poo free so the mindees can roam freely round the garden without being covered in the brown smelly stuff as having another pet is not on the cards at the moment - its just too sad when you lose them. So if anyone finds anything that really works please let me know.
    Celest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast