Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Fraudulant usde of paypal account

I am so upset

I went into my email account earlier this evening to see there were 6 emails saying I had sent money

3 amounts of £970
    3 lots of £950

I feel sick! 2 lots were allowed to go by the bank, the third stopped as there wasn't enough money

And the bank can not stop the payment as I "have entered in to an agreement with paypal" so now I have to wait for the resolutions centre to get on the case and sort it out

To be fair, they had already got them flagged up before I noticed it but even so, I now can not use my bank account, might get charges for going over drawn, get charges for not paying direct debits because I am over drawn blah blah blah and now I can not think straight to finish off an assignment that needs to be emailed by mid day

And if its not done now it won't be as I am working from 7:30 and should really be in bed, not sitting here stressing

The woman on the phone did say that paypal do appear to be good at refunding the money quickly.

I am just annoyed, I changed my bank card details yesterday and its the new card they used!

Sorry for ranty ramble - I feel sick, I can't afford to lose one lot of £970, let alone 2

HX

And breath.......

Nov 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh dear poor you - I hope you get it sorted quickly - I charge all my paypal payments to my credit card so it gives me a bit of time to spot any discrepancies before the money comes out of my bank account.
    I'm sure things will look better today when you have had chance to talk things over with your bank and paypal

Cx

~Chelle~ Guest

Oh my life, that is awful.

I get the money taken direct from my bank too as I dont have a credit card. sometimes think it would be easier to have one, but then it is all too easy to charge things to your credit card these days.

Paypal are usually really good at refunding money in Fraud cases. It is usually in a dispute with Ebay sellers that they take their time as they have to give time for the other side to respond.

Hope you get your money back quickly. xx

nov 02
    Post Thanks / Like

oh gosh i hope its sorted soon, the bank seems to have acted quickly there if it was only yesterday, i once had my ebay and paypal account frozen for security as they suspected someone was trying to hack it, that was bad enough and they didnt even get anything from me! as for all your fees the bank would refund them wouldnt they as it was fraud??

Sept 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats awful! I thought we were safer uing paypal hope you get it sorted and get your money back hun x

04 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I would run a spyware scan on your pc too just in case thats how they got your details xx
    [I]Sharon
    *****proofed the house but they're still getting in!!

oct 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I had an email like this but when i went into my bank account nothing showed, i went into my paypal account as well and nothing showed there.
    I made sure i didnt click the link on the email.

Feb 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Satisfactory
    Post Thanks / Like

oh my. i hope you get it sorted.

i get spoof email all the time from paypal saying i need confirm payment etc .... thing i cant see how people do this and think it works on people (i know there are some whom fall into the trap)

never click email links like this always go directly into paypal (using the url not links in email etc) and also check bank online

would say are you sure its not a spoof. but you prob checked into that anyhow x
    To Dare Is To Do

june 11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

poor you.i no someone else who had that done to them.paypal acting quickly and the money was returned good luck

mar 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

oh dear, hope it all gets sorted quickly for you hun. I always use a pre-paid credit card for on-line transactions (including paypal). xxxx

Dec 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Annie_T View Post

i get spoof email all the time from paypal saying i need confirm payment etc .... thing i cant see how people do this and think it works on people (i know there are some whom fall into the trap)

never click email links like this always go directly into paypal (using the url not links in email etc) and also check bank online

would say are you sure its not a spoof. but you prob checked into that anyhow x
    This is the thing, I have had spoof emails before and always always always check my account and go via the proper address, not any link in the email as I am so worried about this sort of thing happening.

That's why I went to paypal to see and there were 2 transactions allowed, one that the bank declined because by that stage there was no money in the account or more would have gone through.

They have contacted the person that took the money and they have 7 days to respond. In the meantime, I have changed my password and security questions and now I have to fax over photo ID before my account can be re-instated

No money can be accessed in the meantime

Hx

Oct 10
    Post Thanks / Like

That's so horrible, poor you! I have also heard from friends of friends that they are good at returning the money quickly.

Good luck!
    xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thats awful!! I had something similar, but not such large amounts.

TBH I have now cancelled my paypal account, (I also thought it was the safest way to pay), and if I am wanting to buy anything on ebay I contact seller and ask if I can send a cheque (explaining the problem I have had with paypal), so far no one has refused, though obviously I have to wait for the cheque to clear before they will send the item.

Hope it gets sorted soon!!