SO WILL YOU BE WATCHING THE WEDDING OF THE YEAR?
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SO WILL YOU BE WATCHING THE WEDDING OF THE YEAR?

Who will be watching on Friday?

Do you not care ?

Are you going to be watching just to see the dress ?

Will you watch the whole wedding ?

Will you make sure you avoid the tv that day ?

Will you just watch the highlights ?

Will you be having a street party or anything exciting like that ?

Is it driving you mad already ?

Angel xx

Registered Childminder since
    July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

nope i won't be watching. whole thing is a waste of money and time and i resent the constant drip feed of propaganda that we must all be excited and all love the royals.
    Blessed Be!

onceinabluemoon Guest

I am working on Friday.

So no I wont be watching the royal wedding, I'll be watching my littlies play which will probably be a whole lot more fun, lol

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We're taking ds to flamingoland instead , hope everyone else is watching the wedding so it wont be too busy!
    Dh is very 'anti' royal , so it wouldnt be worth the arguments to watch ! I might get to see the highlights in peace at somepoint when he is out!!

Post Thanks / Like

I am having to take my ds to the airport on Friday as he is going to Scotland for the weekend to visit friends he made in America last year. Might mean the roads are nice and quietxx

jun 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Is someone getting married? No one told me.

We'll do our best to avoid it.
    Graham
    Assistant to d' ex boss

Aug 10
    Post Thanks / Like

We've nothing planned but I know that we won't be watching the wedding as DH is fed up of hearing about it already. I may or may not catch the highlights at some point. It's going to be on the tv for days. Hx

Jan 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I will probably dip in and out of it as I'm off work and Hubby on duty until 9. 30 pm so may be bored . I could not sit for hours watching every snippet, but will want to see the dress etc

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I am going to watch it well the main bit, I won't be sitting there infront of the tv all day.

I see on the news people are camping out in London to get a good view.
    Pixie Dust

july 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Not me, I'll be on an aeroplane to new york on friday morning for the weekend! Dp won the trip in a work competition!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green puppy View Post
    Not me, I'll be on an aeroplane to new york on friday morning for the weekend! Dp won the trip in a work competition!
    Thats what I call showing off ha ha ha

Sounds brill and I am not jealous ha

Have a great time

Angel xx

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. I'll be watching the whole thing from beginning to end.

I've got my Union Jack cup cake cases, some smoked salmon and Pimms. I will cook tomorrow so I don't have to on Friday. I was working on the days of the last 2 Royal weddings so I am going to enjoy this one

We'll be up early, dd is off into London with 2 friends for the day and the first tube goes at 5.15am!

Sept 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be watching it as I'm not really that interested but we are having a street party so I'll be out there helping with the organising and setting up of everything

xxxxx

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Not watching any of it, I'm with Kindred on this one! Hopefully out for the day as I'm not working and roads should be quiet
    ***** proofed the house but they're still getting in!

dec 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by green puppy View Post
    Oh wow that beets a wedding any day !

It's my hubby's 40th that day so were travelling in classic minis to Newquay with 2000 people for an annual **** up at a campsite it's going to be extra special this year as I've bought hubby a classic mini pick up for his birthday which I've hidden for 8 months , I'm giving it him just before we go

So don't think the wedding will be on my mind at all
    H4H supporter 'per mare per terram'

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I will be watching it, well not every second but we are having a 'do' at frinds house. Any excuse for a knees up!

Not the wedding of the year for me - the second of my nannied children is getting married in August. He is the same age as Wills, well 3 days older (born in same hospital!, security was tight so the mum says ) I have a copy of a photo of the two of them playing rugby - a real head to head when they were on opposing school teams. Wills was a bit of a wimp as far as rugby goes, or so I was told by my lad they were abut 11.

I am making cakes for our do, so will be busy tomorrow evening baking
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

My hubby is working and so am I with one small LO. I agreed to work but did say the wedding will be on the tv in the background and I will be watching what I call the highlight parts, but wont be too interested in all the rest. My son is doing about the wedding at school, so he will probably want to see some of it too

Mar 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

To be perfectly honest, I dont know.

I'm not right bothered, I'm not a royalist and I'm not REALLY interested. Went to a christening the other day and a friend asked what I was doing, said she is having the girls around her house, getting dressed up, fascinators etc like you are going to a wedding and she is going to serve scones and cream tea and then champers when they are married. THEN she has found out that the local is opening and is doing a buffet and showing the wedding on the big screen, she has suggested they do tea and asked if they'll do scones - as she thinks not everyone will want to drink alcohol at 10a.m when he is planning on opening. But she doesnt know whether to carry on with her own plans.

But now it turns out my hubby is working anyway, so I am using that as my get out clause

I don't know whether I SHOULD watch it, I've asked my daughter but she isnt really that fussed, but I dont know if I should then I won't feel I've missed out.

I don't go for all this kind of thing, my mum is DEFINATELY watching it, but its like when Princess Diana died and she watched the funeral etc, and getting all emotional etc....and sometimes I think it goes a little TOO far.

I MIGHT watch it just for the sake of it, but if I have something better to do then I wont.

Sept 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I might get a glimpse. I'm going to my mother's in Leeds tomorrow till Sunday and she has a list of jobs for me but I hope to see what dress she's wearing.
    Sue

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We're having a party, 30 of us, starting the day off at just before 11 with 'blushing bride' champagne cocktails and then proper old fashioned afternoon tea, cucumber sandwiches, cakes the works. My friend has been round this morning with a box of bunting, balloons, flags, looks like we're really going for it! I know lots of people are getting fed up with it all, but makes a change to watch the news with something happy on it rather thans all the death and fighting we have seen around the world recently.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast