Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Myrena Coil

Registered Childminder since
    Nov 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Myrena Coil

another fan here Had it for nearly ten years (not the same one) love it...no periods, no pmt....just brilliant

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had mine in about 2 1/2 years now due to very heavy non-stop bleeding. It was either this or hysterectomy as I was 48 at the time, too old for the pill. I had really bad cramps for the 1st year or so, which went with Ibuprofen but the bleeding gradually reduced and now I have no periods and no cramps, glad I stuck it out!

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    I will watch this thread with interest, i came off femodene pill due to headaches and the doc put me on cerazette, its only been 3 months ish and im finding it 'ok'

Looking into another form of contraception not pill... don't quite want hubs having the 'snip' yet

The doc mentioned the coil but im not too sure......
    I was on Cerazette before baby and had no problems at all in fact i didnt have a period for the year i was on it (had one when i first started it)

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

i was only on cerazette for 3 months & i didnt have any bleeding.......i could of commited murder though! i was raging all the time, it a wonder my kids didnt run away!
    What a crock!!!

jun 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I am intrigued as I have exactly the same problem.

Heaving bleeding, suspected fibroids, but gyny has not found any, and recommended the coil

He said it is similar to the tablets that I have been taking, prescribed by the Drs, to stop the bleeding.

I stopped taking the tablets a little while ago because I was PMT all the time, and seriously could have KILLED anyone in my way

So now I am confused!!!!! Do I need the same hassle for the next 5 years, was going to talk to the Dr about when I can manage to get an appointment
    Claire x

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Joannechildmind View Post
    I was on Cerazette before baby and had no problems at all in fact i didnt have a period for the year i was on it (had one when i first started it)
    Its very on off iykwim think i prefered my old pill kind of knew where i was, don't miss the headaches though

Think i will stick with it a bit longer x

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

i thought it was great but hubby didnt like it said he could feel it sorry to much detail but theres no other way to explain it
    One life live it

July 07
    Post Thanks / Like

Seems to be a mixed bag, I have a friend who loved hers, she had periods and was fine the whole time!
    Mine wasnt so good, I had it 4 years but gradually built up infection and I wanted it removed as I was loosing a huge amount of blood! the practice nurse couldnt get it out so went to gynea....

I was offered a swab to see if there was an underlying infection when I had it fitted but opted out....theres a lesson for me lol!
    Louise x
    I believe in dragons, fairies, good men and other mythical creatures!

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I love it! Had it fitted just over a year, wasn't pleasant having it fitted, a bit like a heavy handed smear test, not actually painful though (I did milk it to get a bit of sympathy from OH!)
    Had teensy bleeding for about 4 months which was annoying, but now I have nothing at all which is fab! I do get chocolate cravings once a month though!
    I can't say it's affected my weight - eating 500 calories of chocolates every day over christmas did that!!!
    I would definitely recommend it!
    Francine X

Nov 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise0208 View Post
    i was only on cerazette for 3 months & i didnt have any bleeding.......i could of commited murder though! i was raging all the time, it a wonder my kids didnt run away!
    I have over the years been on practicallly every pill/type going & had severe issues with all of them , from even heavier bleeding, increased hairyness (I could have given a gorilla a run for it's money & had hair start growing in places it really shouldn't)! No sex drive, which took years & a hell of a lot of effort to rectify, v. severe mood swings on top of rages where I am amazed I didn't kill DH - certain other people / members of the public or at the v. least commit a bad GBH! (though it wasn't funny really) & on 2 of them I was suicidal Not to mention that I got pregnant twice whilst taking the pill (no tummy upsets or missed pills - just didn't work)...hence why i wish i had had this coild sooner, as I have had no issues with it - I am aware when it should be my time of month as I get PMT, but very slighty & nothing in comparison to what I have had in the past!
    Blaze x

ReReg10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD :)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    (I could have given a gorilla a run for it's money & had hair start growing in places it really shouldn't)!

that brightened my morning up
    What a crock!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to drag up an old thread but was searching for some advice and came up with this! Hope people don't mind giving me views.. I am due to have a mirena fitted tomorrow and will be day 6 ..
    I am away next weekend for an
    Annual shopping trip and am wondering will I experience more bleeding (nearly gone) or pains or anything.. Would I be wise to put off Til next month? (Though then it's Christmas isn't it?!)

Nov '11
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi murphf,

I have had 2 fitted previously and will be having my next one fitted once I find some time lol

In my experience I didn't have much bleeding (if at all) but I did have some cramping for a little while afterwards, I could still carry on with every day things and it wasn't too much of a problem. Everyone's different though and a friend of mine did find it really uncomfortable for a while after.

I personally wouldn't put it off, there will always be something happening whenever you do it I guess. Good luck x

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems to be different for many women Murph - I had no bleeding but loads of painfull cramps, others I've spoken too had no cramps at all. I hope you have no problems and enjoy your trip

sep 08
    Post Thanks / Like

I had nothing with first one (10yrs ago) but with last one i bled for quite a few weeks. BUT it wasnt alot and didnt have any pain, was able to carry on working etc without any problems. Once bleeding stopped in never returned ( thankfully) best thing i ever did

July 11
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi I had Mirena fitted a year ago for very heavy periods, best thing I did (it was recommended to me by friends & GP) no problems with it at all. I can carry on working now without the worry of heavy bleeding, cramps etc

FF

Sept 90
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm on my 2nd one and its brill, had a bit of cramping for a few hours after fitting but fine after that. No bleeding for a couple of years although had a bit of bleeding this year, for 3 months at the same time of the month and now stopped again, best thing ever
    Cath

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys thanks a mil for uour thoughts good to get some positive feedback as the Internet is full of negativity! I have decided to put it off Til next month (tho Becca uou are right always a reason to put it off and in fact I decided about a year ago to go this route and only now actually organising it!) because I look forward to this one weekend a year with my friends and I know you can be quite weepy /. Crampy / bleeding the first couple
    Of weeks and don't want to ruin it! Hope will be fine Anyway gonna give it a bash., so December here I come!!

Oct 12
    Latest Inspection Grade
    over it ;-)
    Post Thanks / Like

Im sorry but my experience was negative. I kept it in for 3 months and in that duration I bled for half the time and was in pain.

I might not be a good case to listen to though as I suffer from endometriosis.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Louise0208 View Post
    contraception is not an issue.....the MR has had the snip & to be fair cerazette mini-pill i have been on has well & truely killed any sex drive i had! (i tell you, that pill has a lot to answer for!)
    Funnily enough I wasn't going to reply until I read your response. I was on cerazette and me and my DH fell out horrendously as he didn't think I fancied him at all anymore, even going as far to hint that I must be getting it elsewhere. I didn't think there was anything wrong at all, I just felt maybe I had come to the end of my "love life", until I started looking into it, finding that this pill can be a major issue with sex drive. I came off, deciding he could get the snip instead but started suffering with such horrific period pains it was frightening, after a scan I was diagnosed with Adenomyosis, and was advised to go back on the pill again and stop my periods or have a coil YIPEE (V sarcastic as DH got out of responsibility again) I chose the coil as was advised as the hormone is localised I shouldn't have the problems I was having before. After 6 months, I must say am very happy, you just forget about it, I've had no periods and just felt a bit "fat" as it can cause a bit of a bloating feeling (nothing to do with me eating more of course), and have a reasonable sex life again (when I'm not knackered)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast