Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have you or would you renew wedding vows

Hi

Hubby & are are coming up to our 10th wedding anniversary in the next couple of years.

Weve been thinking of renewing our wedding vows. The last 10 years have flown by. Weve been through so much. As childhood sweethearts weve had so many first experiences together, weve been together almost 12 years. We bought our first house, then our second, had our children, sadly lost a son as well. Weve had our ups & downs as they would say. Its been worth every second & I cant imagine going through life with anyone else. I cant think of anything better than re-affirming our vows to reflect on the past 10 years & look forward to the next.

So now is the big question - where do we go & how do we do it???

We had a big white wedding. so Id like to go the opposite this time, very low key maybe even just the two of us & the children. We are outdoors people so home or abroad - outdoors is our preference. Either by a lake or up a mountain or on a beach, something like that.

What do you all think? What would you do?
    Sarah

jumpinjen Guest

Default Re: Have you or would you renew wedding vows

I'd love to do it... we were married in a reg office and it was really lovely but we have since found a church that we love being part of and it has become an important part of our lives... i'd really like to get our marriage blessed in a low key way for our tenth.... like you we have done a lot very young and grown up together.... we are three years off you though!!

jen x

Jan 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

i have been married to the love of my life for two years now. We met late on (he was 40 when we met) and i love every minute of being with him. I have a failed marriage behind me.
    Like you we have been through the mill, Hubby had a heart attack whilst on our honeymoon, he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and DD1 was "attacked" in london.this has been during the last two years!!!

BUT...i would marry him every day again if i could do it. We have talked about re newing our vows at ten years (it will be my 50th that day too) and we will have another big party!

I dont know what we will do....but what we will do is what we want to do!

Go for it...what have you got to lose?

It will be lovely

mandy xxxxxx
    The bats have left the bell tower.....

nov2000
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD WITH A
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi we did ours this year 11 years married to the day, hubby asked me last year if i wanted to do it
    we had a great time had it at a hotel had a meal in afternoon for 20 of us,
    then at night had 200 people had a childrens entertainer and 2 singers and a dj everyone said they had a great time, we went away the day after as well
    luv sue xxx

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

just had our 5th wed anniv and had money been a bit more available would of def re-newed this year, so will now wiait till 10yrs

would love to do it by niagra falls

xxx
    Jennie x x

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

My mum and dad have been married 26 years and my dad asked my mum again a few months ago. They are looking at renewing there vows again next year sometime

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

I've always wondered why people do this. Not a critisism in any way, just wondered.

We've been married 13 years, thick and thin, good and bad. Personally I think the day to day bits mean more but thats just me.

I'm sure you'll have a lovely day if you decide it's for you.
    Come back David....

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nannymcflea View Post
    I've always wondered why people do this. Not a critisism in any way, just wondered.

We've been married 13 years, thick and thin, good and bad. Personally I think the day to day bits mean more but thats just me.

I have also wondered, having said that, our wedding day was really stressful and if we decided to do it all again, it would be very quiet and just us and possibly the children

Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We decided on honeymoon that we will renew our. We will hopefully do it on our 10th as we want to do it in central park as thats when we came up with the idea after seeing someone else get married. Hopefully it will be our 10th as ds will be 12 then and old enough to do a lot more as he loves the idea of going to New York(but doesn't want to wait that long). It will probably just be us, ds, and who ever else who decided to join us as it will be in dec it wont be cheap. We will also be going to Ellen Stardust diner for dinner as we loved it when we went.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been married 18 years next month. Hunky Monkey is taking me to the Maldives for my 40th in Feb. I looked into it and thought about arranging it as a suprise for him to show him how much i appreciate him. We had a low key wedding in a reg office and i was 6 months gone with our eldest.......so not a flattering dress! But if we were going to do it i would really really want my children there!........so now i don't know
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

My wedding day was perfect and i loved every minute of it and we have been married for 7 years but i feel that rather then spend the money on renewing our vows i would rather take, him and the kids somewhere nice on holiday!

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We have been married 17 years and last year moved into DH old family home on the farm - we lost 3 of our parents within the space of a year nearly 4 and 5 years ago and things were turned upside down - but we made it through.

We married in the village church. Vicar put my address down as the farmhouse because we were not living in the parish at the time - now I really am!

I would like to do something for our 25th - if we make it

Probably just go away for a holiday on our own though - we always holiday around our anniversary (picked that time as the farm is not too busy )

Might have a get together with friends too
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

june 86
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nannymcflea View Post

me too ,I have been married 32yrs dh asked me at 25yrs if I would like too, but I said no as I felt that their was no need too.

But if you think its right for you then go for it

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not an option for us as we never got married, however we have been together for 15yrs, have 2 children together and we bought our house together and have lasted longer than most of our freinds who did get married,, we celebrate each year on the day we met and are still happy together,,,

july 06
    Post Thanks / Like

we got married 6 1/2 years ago and we always said that we'd go back to mexico (its where we had out honeymoon) and re-new our wedding vows when we got to 10 years. i'd love to have just the children and close family.

Jan 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

We are next year. I always said I wanted to at 10 years, as I think 10 years is a big thing to get to nowadays. I was 20 when we got married, and 10 weeks pregnant. (Although everything was planned. Wedding all booked 14 months before, and we decided to start tying 3 months before the wedding & fell straight away!) Everyone else we knew who got married around the same time have all divorced!

Anyway, I'd always said I wanted to do it at Disney, with the kids, but looking at £10k so not happening, especially as our wedding only cost about £3k!

Sooooo... we are camping! Cornwall is very special to both of us, so next Aug, on our 10th anniversary, (which just happens to be the most expensive week...) we are renewing our vows in a bar, overlooking the beach, and having pics taken on the sand. (We never had a photographer at our wedding, so very important to us!!). Then, back to the campsite for a BBQ with our closest friends & family! There will hopefully be about 22 of us! And we will have a brilliant time, as we are just the kind of family who has a laugh with everything! All very close, and our friends are very special too.

Hope you find something just as special for your 10th! And go for it. This is for us, and our family!

x

Jun 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Grade 6
    Post Thanks / Like

When we got married we made a life long commitment to each other, and to me those vows are the only ones we need, we re -affirm our love for each other in different ways, and pray about any difficulties we have, so God is a big part of our daily lives.

I would be happy to have a big party to celebrate and share some special memories, but my vows are as fresh today as they were 13 years ago and I personally don't feel the need to renew them.

'till death do us part'

That said, I hope you have a wonderful time with whatever you decide to do.
    Ali xx

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

still trying to decide wether to organise this as a suprise ..........what do you think???????????
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Post Thanks / Like

We will have been married 28 years on 9th October On our 25 year anniversary we didn't renew our vows, but went to the Dominican Republic with our 4 sons for a holiday!!! Could only afford to do it cause one of the endowments we took out when we got married matured with a bit more than we expected

dh ended up with sunstroke so spent the actual day of our anniversary dying in our room did manage to make it for a special meal we had booked in the evening, but couldn't eat much

June 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

when it was our 10th anniversary, I realy wanted to renew our vows but hubbys brother was getting married that year and asked us not to as he said it would take away the spotlight on their wedding, so being the mugs we are decided not to.
    Next year it will be our 20th anniversary, hubby has suggested we renew vows but to be honest I would rather spend the money on a realy fab holiday for the family.
    Toothfairy