Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default sky broadband good or bad?

hi am thinking of goingon skys basic package of broadband, phone and tv,, the broad band is sky lite and as we dont download stuff thought this would be ok but wonded if any of you have this broadband and what its like

AUG 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: sky broadband good or bad?

Not heard of sky lite..be interesting to see what other say. We have their phone,telly,broadband package...xxx
    Jennie x x

Post Thanks / Like

I also havent heard of skylite but i did used to have their broadband. The actual broadband was fine never had any problems however their customer service is rubbish!!!

Whenever you ring up you can be told something completely different from what you've been told before. For example i moved house a few weeks ago so we rang them and asked how much notice we had to give to cancel we were told 2 weeks so we left it for a few more weeks before cancelling. 2 weeks before we moved we rang them and asked if we could cancel and they said it would take 4 weeks so i've now had to pay an extra 2 weeks for broadband that i cant use because i'm not in that house anymore! If they'd told me 4 weeks in the first place i could've cancelled it 4 weeks before we moved.

We are now with virgin and so far they seem to be much better and cheaper!!

july05
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now we had really really bad customer service with virgin so swapped and they have been really good.

I have not had any problems with the broadband whereas virgin would have sessions of not being available
    When someone tells you nothing is impossible, tell them to go slam a revolving door

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

We have the sky package(not lite) and haven't had any problems. We have sky connect (I think) so pay extra as we are not in a main area but still get better speed than we did in a city centre.No huge probs with customer service.
    Come back David....

may 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the replies,,, sky lite is £19 a month package of phone , broadband and tv , this is the one we are looking to buy,, is it ok? can you get your emails etc all within the limited downloads?

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We moved to Sky last month.
    Downloads, the man told me, is nothing to do with actually downloading things like games, movies etc. He said that even if you open a new page it counts towards your download allowance. So if you're a light user go for light, if you're a heavier user then you need a larger download allowance.
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain