Thoughtless blooming schools!
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    TheBTeam Guest

Default Thoughtless blooming schools!

Grrrrr, my son has come home today and said his year 6 leavers disco on Monday now has a celebs movie premiere theme!

Well how am I going to sort that, whilst working full time and having two football tournaments both days over the weekend, and whilst trying to get stuff out and ready to go camping when the schools break up next week!!!!!!!!

And surprise surprise they have told the kids if they dont dress up they wont be happy as they are not entering into the spirit of things!

I have suggested a Simon Cowell mask and white t shirt and black trousers, he doesnt like the idea and has gone to bed with the hump, and as i pointed out most people that go to premieres dont go in costume, so it is stupid anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Childminder since
    sep 90
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Thoughtless blooming schools!

How ridiculous of the school. Simon Cowell is a good one, but as you say celebs dont dress in a theme they just wear dresses and suits. Can you get hold of a clip of celebs to show him maybe on utube or something? Schools drive you nuts at times

July 08
    Post Thanks / Like

can you get him in a tux?? tell him he's james bond!
    Blessed Be!

sep09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

see i would have just taken that to mean that they dress up , so for a boy just shirt and bow tie , or pretty dresses for the girls. If it wasnt for the short notice i would have said it was a lovely idea!!

Apr 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean hun, my son is leaving year 6 too and they have a prom next Monday evening but they haven't announced the theme yet
    Ds doesn't want to go anyway, so that saves me the hassle. But it's not fair really is it

Latest Inspection Grade
    outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I would have thought it meant dress posh and not football kit or jeans and trainers.

I would phone them up and ask today
    we dont stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with what some of the others have said, I'd assume that meant go in the sort of clothes celebs would wear (smart trousers, shirt, ties for the boys, posh frocks for the girls etc), not as an actual celebrity.

I would phone up to check. Poor thing would be mortified if you sent him dressed as Simon Cowell when it just meant shirt & tie!

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

we have a oscars ceramonyfor the entire school and it just means posh frocks n suits no footy kits etc
    for my sona yr6 leavers we are having a glitz an glam 3 course meal at school for child and 1 parent so looks like im shopping for a glam maternity dress

TheBTeam Guest

Apparently it does mean as a celebrity or movie star!, he is adamant this morning he is going as himself, which i suppose is better than last week when he didnt want to go at all!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheBTeam View Post
    Apparently it does mean as a celebrity or movie star!, he is adamant this morning he is going as himself, which i suppose is better than last week when he didnt want to go at all!
    Well, that is daft then! How do you dress as a celebrity or movie star? Most of them don't dress in a specific way that you could copy, unless you go for something along the lines of Lady Gaga, which I'm sure the school wouldn't want!

I'd still phone & ask them for suggestions!

Non childminder member
    lazy bum!
    Post Thanks / Like

my kids school did the same thing!

friday school trip year 4's to brisith museum, all is well and I volunteered to help giving up a days work swapping mindees etc.

thursday ... the day before the trip ..... letter is sent home at 3pm, coaches have double booked so no trip but to make up for it there will be an egyption day instead for the same cost. GREAT where do you get a costume with les than 24 hours noitce?????????

sent mine in wearing roman outfits, took off the red and added gold ribbon, many other children wore unifroms.

so I know exactly how you feel! good luck with organising a costume.
    Busy losing the will to live mwuahahahaha!

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

last minute.com. Do they think parents have nothing better to do.

Most celebs (ok with exception of lady Gaga) go in normalish clothes to premieres or just dressed up smart so a suit, smart trousers and he could be anyone.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Has he got a suit ? If so give him a pair of sunglasses - he could be virtually any celebrity !