Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

Default flying fear please help

I have booked to go see my dad - he lives in cyprus in august

i am terrified of flying, he has lived there about 7 years and due to my fear iv only been twice.

i HATE it and now ive booked it i feel sick, and i know its going to ruin what shoud be a fab time

can anyone recommend anything, last time i went i had diazapam and two red wines (even tho shouldnt drink) and did jack lol

any suggestions or has anything worked for any one on here??

Registered Childminder since
    30 Oct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: flying fear please help

Hi
    I know exactly how you feel! I hadn't flown for 9 years due to being absolutely terrified and convinced that the flight i would be on would be the one flight that ends in disaster!
    I eventually flew last month - transatlantic to Orlando!
    I can't say it was easy, I got into a right tizzy at the airport but at least I did it. 6 months before I wouldn't have even considered going to America, but I worked hard on overcoming the fear which at least enabled me to book and go!
    I joined a fear of flying forum, I read a fof book, bought a fof dvd, went to see a hypnotist and downloaded the Virgin fof app for my ipod touch.

I would think that out of all of the above it was the fof forum that helped me the most. All my concerns were addressed and I learnt so much about aviation/how planes work/what happens if xyz happens etc.

Even though I was in a tizzy before take off, once we were "zooming" along for take off I really calmed down and didn't worry at all.

The forum is

http://www.takingflight.us/forums/index.php

Maybe I'll see you there!