Anyone been to Cuba? OR anyone got any recomendation for over christmas....
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone been to Cuba? OR anyone got any recomendation for over christmas....

I am going to book the 2weeks off work for over christmas and new year with not having anytime off inbetween. I am really thinking of booking a holiday to Cuba for a week, be there for christmas day and back for new year. Ive always fancied Cuba, just for the beaches really. Have any of you been who could tell me more about it or do any of you know anything about Cuba??
    Last edited by Fabby; 19-06-2010 at 08:38 PM.

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone been to Cuba?

no but i do fancy it myself once the kids are a bit older x
    IS BACK

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

i dont mind where we go, just fancy somewhere hot and a beach for over christmas! So any recomendations are welcome

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

My Friends sister is there on her honeymoon at the moment and she says its like paradise!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone been to Cuba? OR anyone got any recomendation for over christmas....

we are off to Cape Verde Islands in feb

Egypt is good all year round

well i guess anywhere is better than the UK
    IS BACK

LOOPYLISA Guest

Default Re: Anyone been to Cuba? OR anyone got any recomendation for over christmas....

Would love to hear, thinking about getting married in cuba

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    Would love to hear, thinking about getting married in cuba
    ooh! when?

July 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Cuba earlier this year and would THOROUGHLY recommend it! We stayed in Havana for 3 nights to do all the tourist stuff, then on to Varadero (which was paradise!) I really want to go back there one day - wish I was still there now!!! We stayed for 14 nights, and that wasn't long enough to see/do everything we wanted to. Swim with the dolphins in Varadero if you go - that was the best experience ever!

Hels xx

Oct 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been to Cuba but we went to France skiing last year for Christmas and i loved it.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    ooh! when?
    You tell me

Tbh we are happy as we are, but i do want to get married and we do have a look, we would love a beach wedding,and cuba did come up

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    You tell me

Tbh we are happy as we are, but i do want to get married and we do have a look, we would love a beach wedding,and cuba did come up
    a beach wedding does sound lovely - you gonna invite all your forum friends? be nice to have an excuse to go to Cuba??

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Juggler View Post
    a beach wedding does sound lovely - you gonna invite all your forum friends? be nice to have an excuse to go to Cuba??
    You will ALL be invited

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

WELL, IVE BOOKED IT!!!!!!! Going 19th December back in UK 27th, 1 week all inclusive staying in Sol Melia Cayo Coco, Cayo Coco, Cuba ADULTS ONLY hotel!!!!!! i cant flamming wait!!!!!! Couldn't send the email out quick enough to let parents know

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

well done!
    Monkey by Name........Monkey by Nature!

Aug 01
    Post Thanks / Like

Went to cayo coco about 7 years ago and had a fantastic holiday, we stayed at hotel cayo coco as we had the children. The beaches are fantastic and you can walk out about a mile out without it going above your waist
    We had a trip to Havana which was very educational and drank in ernest Hemingways bar.
    we also swam with the dolphins which was brilliant. Both trips were done by going on a plane as it is alot quicker

You should have a lovely time

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

have fun!

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

We're off to Cuba in Sept 2011 for my sisters wedding. Haven't booked it yet though as she hasn't decided which hotel she wants to stay at so far but she's defo getting married there and that month.

I'm already excited about it and its not booked! A bit nervous about it though as DD will only be 3 and its a long flight etc but as she's being a bridesmaid she kinda has to be there!

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

sis in law went egypt last yr at xmas and would go back every year!!

Apr 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

ive never been away at christmas before, always had a very traditional christmas day but just fancied a change this year so it is a white sandy beach!!!