Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    MAY 03
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Tax credits ARE being cut.......

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprogs View Post
    yea thats right i was going on hubbys wage of 27k and he brings home 1600 a month but i was forgetting that our rent and council tax goes out before it reaches our account aswell lol
    AM confused, have you got the figures right? my hubby is on 25k and fetches me 1596 per month, after tax and insurance.

jen
    x
    jen xx mum of two and one on the way,
    always on the go!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jaja View Post
    AM confused, have you got the figures right? my hubby is on 25k and fetches me 1596 per month, after tax and insurance.

jen
    x
    Yes my hubby is in the RAF he earns 27k a year. But the money that goes into the bank account is after tax, N.I. rent and council tax this means we get around 1600 our rent and council tax is discounted because we live in RAF housing.

Mollymops figures were based on her hubby earning 30k i think

sorry hubby has just told me hes on almost 29k not 27k
    Last edited by littlesprogs; 18-06-2010 at 03:42 PM.

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    I going to put the tax at 10k before you start paying so that is going to help us all isn't it? Does that mean once our childmindin expenses are taken off most if not all of us will not be paying tax?

It will help of course but I think you will find that there are still quite a few who will still pay tax and I will be one of them!

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

my hubby about £29k im on about 8k before my earning were taken in we got £10 a week for 2 kids not much good to us i think it shoukld be means tested i wouldnt miss my tax credits . 2 of my step sis have never worked have huge flat screen tvs go abroad kids all in fancy gear and they go out drinking every weekend (their mum is proud off this )we can not afford this and have never clsimed any benifts it makes me mad the one time we did need to try and claim benefits (hubby lost his job and our rented house was being sold they wounldnt let us have nything even thouuh we have both worked all our life
    it makes me so mad the benfits system needs a shake up

Apr 01
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RedDragon View Post
    I going to put the tax at 10k before you start paying so that is going to help us all isn't it? Does that mean once our childmindin expenses are taken off most if not all of us will not be paying tax?
    The speculation is that it will slowly increase to 10,000 over the next 5 years - so not instant. It was a Lib Dem policy and a key one for joining the coalition apparantly.

Something will happen in the budget next week about cutting tax credits both Con & LibDem want to cut them & said so before election. Con said from £50,000 & LibDem said from £25,000 in their mainifestoes. The reason the daily mail changed the headline earlier from 30 down to 25K is it is more shocking & will sell more papers! They do not know a figure as it has not been released yet - it is all guess work. It will definately be cut though.

Sept 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

my DF earnt about 21k last year, I earnt about £6k so that would put us over the 25k mark,

we don't lead an extravagant lifestyle, we have a haven holiday in october once a year, we shop very wisely for food, we have a car but not a flashy one and we have our dd. we cant afford more kids, we cant afford to move to a nicer area (local school in special measures) so although we earn almost 30k its hardly an extravagant lifestyle

£40 a month doesnt go very very far but it goes towards the food we eat and the clothes for dd

I can understand the needs to make cuts but penalising working families is not the way to go.
    boo

nov 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding!
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rubybubbles View Post
    yes we do

Sorry but my hubby works blooming hard for his money and pays so much in tax it's nice to get something!

I hope it doesn't go, but we only get £40ish a month anyway but we do put it straight away for the kids.......looks like its a good job the way you some think we shouldn't get it thanks!
    Couldnt agree with you more, we both have to work really hard to hit this mark, my hubby sees our kids 1 hour aday to keep up with paying tax, mortgage bills, etc. I also childmind 45 hours aweek, as well as looking after our 3 kids, its not easy.
    we dont havde a flash car, or lavish holidays.
    More should be done on benefit frauds, too much benefits are paid out to people who cant be bothered to work.
    They should be penalised not us who work hard.
    Last edited by sarah707; 20-06-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    Julie

Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    I had a 'friend' i say that as im ashamed to call her one anymore, she is 31 and has 7 kids, yes 7
    Why........ for more money, bigger house , makes me sick

God i hope all this gets stopped

Btw, not everyone with big familys are like this
    as youve said not all big family's sponge or play the system its just angers me when i know i would be around 200 a month better off not working with my 4 kids than i am working yet i would never give work up what sort of example would that set my lads seeing me living off the tax payers etc
    it also peeves me when these spongers whinge they are broke and need more money to live on etc id love to know what pays for their designer togs and wide screen tvs game consoles etc its a farce when iv worked from leaving school and paid taxes and cant afford even 2 weeks off when i have my baby yet these mums keep shelling kids out knowing full well the government will cover the cost
    when i found out i was pregnant i worried how i would afford another baby i even contemplated abortion because i didnt want to loose my home and my other kids to financially suffer so why should anyone have the right to have 8 kids etc and claim benefits they have no cares in this world they have no rent no council tax not school dinners but still rake in over £30 k a year wheres the justice

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbelle View Post
    as youve said not all big family's sponge or play the system its just angers me when i know i would be around 200 a month better off not working with my 4 kids than i am working yet i would never give work up what sort of example would that set my lads seeing me living off the tax payers etc
    it also peeves me when these spongers whinge they are broke and need more money to live on etc id love to know what pays for their designer togs and wide screen tvs game consoles etc its a farce when iv worked from leaving school and paid taxes and cant afford even 2 weeks off when i have my baby yet these mums keep shelling kids out knowing full well the government will cover the cost
    when i found out i was pregnant i worried how i would afford another baby i even contemplated abortion because i didnt want to loose my home and my other kids to financially suffer so why should anyone have the right to have 8 kids etc and claim benefits they have no cares in this world they have no rent no council tax not school dinners but still rake in over £30 k a year wheres the justice

MAKE them work, simple as

benefits are NOT a lifestyle option they are there for when they are needed (unable to work due to illness, or a temp blip redundancies etc)
    IS BACK

Feb 10
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

The whole system is screwed!

June 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snufflepuff View Post
    The whole system is screwed!
    Here here!!!!

DH & I both work and bloomin' hard as do most couples - we are in a funny situation DH earns a good salary and we were only ever entitled to tax credits for one year. We do however live hand to mouth at the moment because over the years DH has had to take some huge pay cuts so we are paying off credit card bills from a time when life was better and we could afford them without problems - I have no pension and DH's pension has become worth less and less as the years have gone by and and despite not leaving his job since he was 20 the company has changed hands several times hense the pay they were taken to cuts to avoid redundancies under new management.

I think we all need to cut our cloth to meet our means and we certainly do - DH has to work abroad a lot in addition to working nights, week-ends and bank holidays to keep his income at a certain level and I often work 60 hrs pw actually minding - never mind all the paperwork that generates (no different to most minders I think).

I never buy clothes unless they have been reduced and my children rarely have "Named" clothing unless I get them from "Sports World" - I shop at Aldi and buy from the centre Isles (bargains) and buy value brands where they are OK when I go shopping. We do go out though for a couple of drinks when we get a chance we just walk to the pub across the road and we do go either to a carvery where its just £3.50 per head or to the pub down the road where sunday lunch is £3.99 for adults and £2.50 for children. We get fish n chips from a chippie who do it for £2.00 its smaller portions but plenty for us.- They are our treats. We don't go on days out because our two don't want to come with us they prefer to be with their friends and we wouldn't go and leave them so our couple of drinks a week and our cheap meals out are our only vices - we don't drink at home.

I used to have a cleaner but she left then a mindee left so I cant afford to replace her - the garden needs tonnes doing to it and we have to try to find time on good days to get it done.

My brother had 7 children but both her and his wife have worked to bring them up they are between the ages of about 33 and 22 and 3 of them still live at home.

All I'm saying is that sometime people do have expenses such as credit card bills etc that cause them to struggle which are a hang over from the past and not because they live extravagent lives now. This is not just us I know loads of families.

I do worry how tax credits will affect a few of my parents and in turn me.

I really do think think we are all looking at hard times and we will just have to bite the bullet and get on with it - I'm sure lots of families will struggle and some parents will go through some very very dark times. But I will bet you that there won't be any MP's included in those statistics. I reallly believe they are taking these drastic measures just so they can appear to clear the debt more quickly and so look brill - and be voted in again in the next election.

I too believe they should have a policy where they encourage us to buy british made products and produce. They started a campaign in Ireland in the late 70's (I think) where all products made and produce grown in Ireland had a "guaranteed irish" logo on it, and it worked - I'm not sure if under EU laws they can still do it to the same degree as Ireland got loads and loads of money from the EU - but I'm sure as Britain has not had to do so well as far as hand outs were concerned they would not be under such restrictions - I see nothing wrong with advertising what is home made or home grown to encourage citizens to buy them - it would also help to reduce global warming.
    Celest

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

So some believe its ok if its over 30k to be scrapped??? Well consider this --------- your minding for a parent who earns 32k, they have two kids with you potentially 1000k a month full time in childcare fees???? remove the tax credit from that parent and how long do you think that parent can continue paying your fees for????
    i think it wil force alot of parents out of work cause they will find it hard to pay us without the 60 70 80% help towards childcare.
    Im assuming they will lose this if thats the case????
    but i do hope im wrong

May '09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntym View Post
    So some believe its ok if its over 30k to be scrapped??? Well consider this --------- your minding for a parent who earns 32k, they have two kids with you potentially 1000k a month full time in childcare fees???? remove the tax credit from that parent and how long do you think that parent can continue paying your fees for????
    i think it wil force alot of parents out of work cause they will find it hard to pay us without the 60 70 80% help towards childcare.
    but i do hope im wrong
    In all honesty I think someone earning £32K gets very little childcare element. When DH and I both worked FT, we earned just above that and I think we got about £80 per month from tax credits (£40 per month is what everyone gets, so just £40 towards childcare).

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by auntym View Post
    but i do hope im wrong

thats whats worrying me
    IS BACK

Nov 93
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

You are only entitled to Childcare elmement if you earn over 30k anyway.

mar 03
    Post Thanks / Like

No - have single parents who earn less than 30k who get it. And my sister works and gets it to, she dosnt earn anywhere near 30k

Im not saying the government should pay for our childcare, in no means do i mean that, but some parents do rely on that to "help" bring in a half decent wage, im sure we can all appreciate that.

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Playmate View Post
    You are only entitled to Childcare elmement if you earn over 30k anyway.
    thats not right.

we get the childcare element and we only earn £16500
    Last edited by aly; 20-06-2010 at 10:38 PM. Reason: space bar not working!

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aly View Post
    thats not right.

we get the childcare element and we only earn £16500
    I had a mum who got nearly all her childcare paid cos she was on a low wage. The newspapers said yesterday that it will be cut for those under £40k a year, they probably only get a nominal amount that really doesnt make a difference to them, but when added up will make a difference to the countrys budget. I feel more inclined to beleive that it would be that amount and not the £25k as reported in the Daily Mail.

Still not long to find out officially is it

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

As someone who has lived in the UK for 8 years I have to say what I have seen ivo tax benefits is scary - something has HAD to be done, and I'm glad the govt is finally sitting up and taking notice. There is NO work incentive for so many people and this has bred a generation (or two!) of people who expect handouts, and believe they are *owed* this.

I disagree.

In South Africa (as in many countries in the world), there are NO tax benefits for children... it's quite simple... you don't work, you don't eat.

My mum had to bring up 4 kids on her own (rogue father) and managed... scrimped loads, we went without most material things growing up, school uniforms were all second hand etc. (you know the story!)... and she started her own nursery school out of her double garage which she added to (built) over 20 years and in the end 3 of 4 of her children went to university (she helped... we got bank loans and had part time jobs to pay for ourselves).... we all have an excellent work ethic and work hard.

So to have a govt that offers aid is a privilege imo, not a right... and it's a shame that, as with most things today, this is so abused, as it's always the families that are doing the right thing (working, paying tax etc.) that are penalised.
    Jen

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

My DD is 21 and a lot of her friends have babies, one has 3 and has been married and seperated 6 months later and is moaning cos she is now in B&B and the council wont give her a house. It shouldnt be a right, it should be something you work for. They all moan and say on FB that my DD is lucky cos she has a brilliant holiday every year and usually upgrades to first class, but thats through doing 2 jobs and not having children so young.

I am proud of what my DD has acheived, but then most of these girls mums were single mums on benefits for years, so this chain needs to be broken or all these children will go on to be in benefits too. I was a single mum for a while and just claimed whilst needing time to get my head together, was soon back in work

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast