Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Registered Childminder since
    Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone in Cardiff - my anniversary

Today is my 27th wedding anniversary and I am going to Cardiff for the weekend and am looking for some of the attractions and restaurants.

So far we are going to see Crowded House tonight and then at the Hilton for two nights.

Cardiff Castle - anywhere else?

Restaurants I have been told of are Carluccio's, Hamons at The Parc and a good Steakhouse on Mill Street.

Any locals can advise of more, please post

Thanks
    Debbie

Aug 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone in Cardiff - my anniversary

Congratulations on your anniversary.

The National Folk Museum of Wales is just outside Cardiff and worth a visit. Can't remember the address but I'm sure the hotel will have some info.

Its St Fagens and if this works here is the link to their website

http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/stfagans/

Enjoy
    Last edited by rickysmiths; 04-06-2010 at 08:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can not help Debbie but happy anniversary to you and your hubby

Hope you have a lovely weekend away

Angel xx

aly Guest

thers the cardiff museum
    castle coch
    st fagans
    cardiff castle
    there are a few more castles jsut outside of cardiff too.

you have cardiff bay for quite a few things too.

Feb 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy anniversary!

The bay is lovely and can highly reccomend it, especially if the weather is good! Everything is close together so it's easy to spend an afternoon there or the whole day. http://www.cardiffbay.co.uk/index.html

I used to work in the Assembly, you can go to there and have a look about, even if you're not into politics is a very impressive building. There is also the Pierhead building which is part of it too and very interesting.

The Millenium Centre is good, often they have free performances in the foyer.

If you're a Dr who/torchwood fan there is an exhibition in the red dragon centre.

They do lovely boat trips around the bay and the chioce of food is fab (personally like demiros opposite Millenium centre and Cadwaladers for ice cream). my favourite nights out are cocktails in the evening down there, if you're really lucky you may see a few celebrities hanging around!

City centre is good for shopping with a new modern centre recently opened. Cardiff castle is brilliant and easy to get to, Castle Coch is out of town towards the valleys but beautiful, looks like a proper fairy castle. There's also the museum not far from the castle, set in cathays park wich is a nice place to visit.

Not sure about the steakhouse, the only one I can think of is Taurus on St Mary Street, which is near Mill lane but that has closed now. There is a nice portugese restaurant near the Hard rock cafe.

St Fagans is one of our favourite places to go inthe holidays with the kids but you need a whole day there really, if you do go, the bara brith from the bakery is very good! It's just off of Junction 33 of the M4.

There is a city sightseeing bus http://www.city-sightseeing.com/inde...ations=cardiff

If I think of anything else I'll update

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

this is making me feel nostalgic. I'm from Cardiff and Castell Coch and St. fagans were hotspots when we were young. I've taken my two there when we're visiting my parents too.

I was going to suggest the Bay too. Lots of lovley walks, restaurants and bars and you can do a speedboat trip!

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy anniversary. Have a wonderful weekend.

The only thing I can think of is the Dr Who exhibition at the Red Dragon centre!
    Come back David....

aly Guest

Quote Originally Posted by pumpkinsmum View Post
    Happy anniversary!

The bay is lovely and can highly reccomend it, especially if the weather is good! Everything is close together so it's easy to spend an afternoon there or the whole day. http://www.cardiffbay.co.uk/index.html

I used to work in the Assembly, you can go to there and have a look about, even if you're not into politics is a very impressive building. There is also the Pierhead building which is part of it too and very interesting.

The Millenium Centre is good, often they have free performances in the foyer.

If you're a Dr who/torchwood fan there is an exhibition in the red dragon centre.

They do lovely boat trips around the bay and the chioce of food is fab (personally like demiros opposite Millenium centre and Cadwaladers for ice cream). my favourite nights out are cocktails in the evening down there, if you're really lucky you may see a few celebrities hanging around!

City centre is good for shopping with a new modern centre recently opened. Cardiff castle is brilliant and easy to get to, Castle Coch is out of town towards the valleys but beautiful, looks like a proper fairy castle. There's also the museum not far from the castle, set in cathays park wich is a nice place to visit.

Not sure about the steakhouse, the only one I can think of is Taurus on St Mary Street, which is near Mill lane but that has closed now. There is a nice portugese restaurant near the Hard rock cafe.

St Fagans is one of our favourite places to go inthe holidays with the kids but you need a whole day there really, if you do go, the bara brith from the bakery is very good! It's just off of Junction 33 of the M4.

There is a city sightseeing bus http://www.city-sightseeing.com/inde...ations=cardiff

If I think of anything else I'll update
    Castel Coch is just off the m4 so not that difficult to get to.

Nov 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

just seen rest of pumpkinsmums post - you HAVE to go to Cadwaladers for ice-cream, they even have a choice of cones for your scoops - chocolate covered ones, ones with sprinkles....mmmm my kids love it there - me too!

TheBTeam Guest

never been to cardiff so cant help there, but happy anniversary, and enjoy your weekend!

may 01
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't know Cardiff but have a lovely time.
    Congratulations on your wedding anniversary
    Carol x

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Debbie!!!!

I've been a couple times... things to do have been mentioned... we will be there too! For the Wales/South Africa rugby match on the Saturday (we're staying in Chepstow, doing Tintern Abbey on the Sunday)... so be prepared for CROWDS galore! Make restaurant booking et al.

Will look out for you! We will be the ones with the South African flag tattoos on our cheeks... hehe
    Jen

apr 10
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy anniversary, as the others have said, the italian restaurant in Cardiff bay, the one that overlooks the water, I think its called Valentino's is lovely & staff are friendly, only been there at lunchtime but definitely worth a visit, there's also a Norweigan church there that sometimes has art exhibitions, and this pod thing that looks like a telescope that you can look in to see how the bay was developed etc, I think you can take a boat trip as well In Cardiff itself, I'd recommend Champers tapas bar, the food & wine is excellent, name sounds a bit tacky but its got a rustic feel to it & as I said food is excellent.

Have a brilliant time whatever you end up doing xx

Nov 07
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sooo jealous! The only time I got to go to Cardiff all I saw was the inside of a hotel room

Have a fab time x

jan 95
    Post Thanks / Like

Yahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my hometown - bestest place in the whole wide world

Get yourself to the bay and a place called Cosmo

Happy Anniversary

jun 79
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstandingb