Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Registered Childminder since
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: what is this pain?

ooh you poor thing i have just had mine out back to work after a week, 2 weeks on still a little tender but no pain killers needed... i really feel for you as mine only came on 2 weeks before i had mine out, first week i thougt it was chronic indigestion by the 2nd week i was in agony nothing would stop the pain at the weekend i got my dad to take me a&e and i was admitted that day, the surgeon was gonna dose me up and send me home but thankfully the staff nurse said there was no way she was gonna send me home coz the painkillers werent touching it and i couldnt sit up without throwing up, she talked to the consultant after my scan (1 huge gallstone) and he said ok we'll take it out,
    the op got cancelled twice due to emergency ops 3rd time lucky i had the op by keyhole on the thurs afternoon home sat afternoon back work the following monday.....(to lose one lo as i hadn't given any notice to going in hosp...whaaaat it was an emergency duh i didnt know, got my 4 weeks notice tho)....
    please go to a&e hun and dont put the op off i only had 2 weeks of pain and i was crying like a baby because of it so i really dont know how you others who have it reaccuring cope it really is pure agony as i told the surgeon when he asked '' on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad is the pain?'' well actually dr there is no 1 to 10 the pain scale is 30 plus and yes i'd rather give birth 10x over..

Post Thanks / Like

How long usually do you spend in hospital? I really cant afford time off

Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

hi hun depending on what time you have the surgery it could be the same day or the next day, i stayed an extra night coz i couldnt sit (imagine a whale floundering on the beach and you'll get the pic lol) ....i'm a single mum and i really couldn't afford the time off with no pay either, but i had no warning and no choice and i'm so glad i've had it done, if you can start putting a little bit of money away now but dont delay op my gallbladder had stuck to my liver and was going yuck

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cherry pink View Post
    hi hun depending on what time you have the surgery it could be the same day or the next day, i stayed an extra night coz i couldnt sit (imagine a whale floundering on the beach and you'll get the pic lol) ....i'm a single mum and i really couldn't afford the time off with no pay either, but i had no warning and no choice and i'm so glad i've had it done, if you can start putting a little bit of money away now but dont delay op my gallbladder had stuck to my liver and was going yuck
    OH MY GOD now im scared

May 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    OUTSTANDING
    Post Thanks / Like

My mum also had complications and ended up having 7 weeks off. She loved it though as it was summer and she got to watch Wimbledon, Olympics etc etc all without taking holiday time.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Minstrel View Post
    My mum also had complications and ended up having 7 weeks off. She loved it though as it was summer and she got to watch Wimbledon, Olympics etc etc all without taking holiday time.
    Sorry to say this but that's what happened to me too. They couldn't do the keyhole bit cos my gallbladder was stuck to my liver.

Sorry Emma

June 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Emma

Everything you describe sounds like classic gall bladder attack.

Often brought on by sudden weight loss.

Stick to a low fat diet and this will reduce attacks. Avoid caffeine and aspartame (sweetner in things like diet coke).

The pain is worse than labour. I had attacks weekly or more for 18 months! It was debilitating to say the least and I was in constant pain as a default status.

I had my gall bladder out in Novemeber and took 10 days off work, (I have 3 kids of my own). The surgery was easy peasy, in and out the same day very little pain and within a week I was completely out of pain, it was the best thing ever.

If you are offered the surgery I would grab it with both hands! Having gall bladder probs this young (I was 28 wehn mine started) means you will have to have the thing out eventually or you will end up with things being much worse.

If you notice orange wee, or jaundice, or dumping syndrome....instant diarrea the go straight back to doc as things are getting worse.

Hopefully if you maintain a healthy lifestyle you will avoid the attacks! I am having my fisrt indian take away tonight in nearly 2 years....I couldnt eat anything with fat in it all that time. Even bread brought on an attack with me.

Good luck, and dont worry have your kids gall bladder attacks are worse!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am going to speak to the doctor next week and ask him to put me on a waiting list

My friend was panicking last night saying I hope you dont get an attack on holiday (go in 10 weeks)

Post Thanks / Like

Had the pains back today but not as severe as they have been in the past, off to the doctors tomorrow to get myself on the waiting list to get them gone

Aug 06
    Post Thanks / Like

Good for you, good luck xx

Post Thanks / Like

other than the tummy pains can these generally make you feel poorly? I had to have my first day off sick on thursday have spent the day on the sofa again today feeling rubbish

Feb o7
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Emma, hope you are feeling a little better today.
    I would say that your symptoms are very likely to be associated with your gallbladder.
    Until I had mine out, I'd been feeling really rubbish for the best part of a year{and still childminding!**
    I put it down to other things, start of menopause,lifting babies,pushing buggies,upset tummy,you name it! I didn't even know what gallstones were, but when I was diagnosed it all made sense.
    I'm now a month on and feeling sooooo much better..............and you will too.
    Just before I had it out I just felt so ill,most of the time. Nausea, slight temp, all sorts of unexplained pains that I just couldn't put my finger on.
    I promise you you will get through this Emma, I'm sending you hugs and will be thinking of you. But you absolutely must insist that the docs don't mess you around.
    If I can do it {being the biggest baby in the world and a really terrible patient** I promise you can too.
    xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I really do hope I feel better after, I never ever get poorly but just lately I am getting everything

Post Thanks / Like

I have got my first hospital appointment tomorrow for my gallstones, what sort of things will they check/do?

LOOPYLISA Guest

Im not 100% sure, maybe you will get a date for your op, hope it goes ok, good luck x

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456