Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: I need Sleep!!!

Registered Childminder since
    Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy I need Sleep!!!

Arghhhhh!!! I havent had a full nights sleep in over 15 months so we've just started the whole sleep training thing with DD and its horrible!!!! She goes down alright but never stays asleep. Usually wakes about midnight but last night we had until 2am, but then she screamed until nearly 5am!!!

DH snored through it all as per usual and wasnt too impressed with me elbow in his side when she woke up! Men hey!!!

Any suggestions to help the bags under my eyes, my ears and our poor neighbours!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!!

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I need Sleep!!!

The only thing you can do is to keep it consistent.

Give in just one little bit and she will sense you are not firm and you'll be starting all over again!

By the time she's a teenager you'll be wishing she would get up out of her pit

Good luck!

TheBTeam Guest

Sorry no help whatsoever, i stopped getting a full nights sleep when i was pregnant with ds11 and i just got him to sleep through the night when i was pregnant with dd7 and she took till she was 5 odd to sleep through, so now i am in the habit of waking up!

may 04
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Is she sleeping too much throughout the day? could you not allow her a later bedtime at night then maybe she will sleep until 5am?

Im sure you have already thought of these, i remember my dd 7 yrs ago, she was a horror around the 2 yr mark wouldnt stay in her own bed. We just kept going there is light at the end of the tunnel

Good luck let us know how you get on

Jo

Oct 09
    Post Thanks / Like

SHE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!!! Yay!!!!! Only problem is I kept on waking up paranoid that she had woken up so I'm no better off really!!!! Just hope it stays this way.

Feel a bit heartless really cos I just left her crying when she woke up during the night but all worth it if I can get rid of the bags under my eyes!

Mar 06
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Non childminder member
    Friend
    Post Thanks / Like

my son doesnt do sleep at all even now 16 years later when he was a baby, we tried everything, he was a nightmare
    when my dd came along i swore that she would sleep and in her own room from day 1 and she did, and didnt wake for 2 years she never woke up

long may it last, and you will hear her if she wakes so sleep!!!!
    One life live it