Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered Childminder since
    May 08
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default What does Santa bring?

In our house Santa leaves a sack for each child in their bedroom while they are asleep (they have their own material sacks and I tell them earlier in December that Santas helpers have been to pick them up while they were at school). The sacks are full of things like toiletries, stationery, make-up, books and small toys and they open them on our bed as soon as they wake up.

Then the presents from us are downstairs under the tree - we put them there Christmas eve when they're asleep and can't wait to see the look on their faces when they come down and see the enormous pile of pressies. They'll open these after breakfast and probably once my mum and dad have arrived and it'll be total chaos but fun.

I know some people do it this way and others say that everything is from Santa and some leave stockings on the fireplace. It's strange that even though we all do it differently, the kids don't seem to realise.

July 99
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: What does Santa bring?

Santa is very kind and leaves a present outside our front door on xmas eve for them, this year they have a minnie and mickey mouse from the Disney store

Charley has a tree in her room which Santa leaves a few presents under.

Mitchell isn't so lucky as we can't find a blue xmas tree for his room

They have stockings hung on the fireplace and then their sacks and overspill presents in extra large gift bags

Carol xx

Apr 05
    Post Thanks / Like

Santa brings small gifts which are left in their sacks in their room. We have two sacks the same, one is hung up and then the other is already filled and swapped. The rest of the pressies from us and relatives are going under our tree in a minute.

LOOPYLISA Guest

Santa leaves pressies in the stocking on E's bed

Then we open on our bed and then downstairs to the huge pile and the ones under the tree

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

santa brings them 1 gift each (main present)

rest are from me

IS BACK

Aug 07
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

The little presents in the stocking at the end of the bed are from FC, the rest are from everyone else!

Don't want a pretend person to get the credit for the good pressies! Ha!

May-09
    Post Thanks / Like

that is interesting..

I didnt know that this is what was being done over here..
    I always assumed all presents were put under the tree by santa!!
    Or in a stocking...

so kids get stuff into stockings from santa and rest under the tree is from parents?? Did I get that right?

DD is too young at the moment to realise who brought what I think (she will be 2 in jan) but I want to know what I am meant to be doing anyways...

we also get her presents from christkind...she puts it under the tree tonight...
    so DD will have christmas twice! (I want her to know both traditions)
    Nicole xx

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post
    The little presents in the stocking at the end of the bed are from FC, the rest are from everyone else!

thats why santa only brings 1 gift here
    IS BACK

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Spangles View Post

What pretend person

LOOPYLISA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhorse View Post
    that is interesting..

I didnt know that this is what was being done over here..
    I always assumed all presents were put under the tree by santa!!
    Or in a stocking...

so kids get stuff into stockings from santa and rest under the tree is from parents?? Did I get that right?

DD is too young at the moment to realise who brought what I think (she will be 2 in jan) but I want to know what I am meant to be doing anyways...

we also get her presents from christkind...she puts it under the tree tonight...
    so DD will have christmas twice! (I want her to know both traditions)
    There is no right or wrong way, whatever you decide

Jan 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    GOOD
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LOOPYLISA View Post
    What pretend person
    IS BACK

sept 09
    Post Thanks / Like

when i was a child santa left all present in living on your chair or sofa and present under the tree are from family
    mum and dad never bought presents as santa sends them a bill for the extra gifts
    thats wat my sis does with her kids to
    this year im learning how the portuguese do it as bf is from portugal they celebrate it today my first and cant wait
    i had to buy bf a stocking as he has never had one before or heard of them being filled
    heaven = bar of galaxy

Non childminder member
    ex-childminder
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hebs View Post
    thats why santa only brings 1 gift here

Same here. Though this year we haven't had the cash to splash out so theres no "huge pile" for anyone. Though I'm sure they will be just as happy.
    Come back David....

Sept 00
    Post Thanks / Like

now they are older they just emailed santa with their lists

in the past we have filled their stocking with whatever would fit and the rest were from mum and dad, we've never really done the seperating things out bit and their stockings are left in the sitting room as i didn't want them waking at stupid o clock and waking the house up.
    they know and have alwyas known that they are not allowed to go in the sitting room until m and d are down and have had a cup of tea. this year our son is having a car which has just been delivered ( but he's at work until 8)
    so i can't imagine we will see much of him for the next few days

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

We had to compromise - in Dhs eyes it's a huge sack filled with big presents and on top of that they get presents from us under the tree. When I was growing up it was a stocking stuffed with silly little bits - pens and paper, stuff from Hawkins, stuff like that.... Father Christmas has very kindly amalgamated the ideas so the kids get things like an annual, new pjs and underwear, and a few fun bits - all nice quality. Main presents come from us and I am SO excited about giving them to them this year......
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

January
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Good
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ajs View Post

they know and have alwyas known that they are not allowed to go in the sitting room until m and d are down and have had a cup of tea.same here...... this year our son is having a car which has just been delivered ( but he's at work until 8) that will be hard to fit in the stocking
    so i can't imagine we will see much of him for the next few days
    so exciting
    Familiarity breeds contempt - and children Mark Twain

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

When I was a kid, FC filled a pillowcase at the end of our bed. Things under the tree were from aunties etc - no huge present from parents, could not afford it.

In my house when the kids were young, FC filled a christmas sack (which I made) of decent but smallish presents. Other stuff, under the tree, from us and family members. This meant that if money was tight for us the sack could be filled with cheaper stuff which pleased them anyway and they appreciated that mum and dad had saved for the big present - they asked FC for small things.

When kids grew up I made us all stockings which we all help fill. All wrap small gifts and add on christmas eve. Have one for the dog too and a spare in case someone stays like my mum
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

june 09
    Latest Inspection Grade
    good
    Post Thanks / Like

In our house they get a stocking full of presents and any that dont fit in it get put next to it. Grannie and grandad come and stay and they get a little present too!

All their presents from family and friends get put their on xmas eve so the kids get even more excited!!

Then in the morning they open the presents from father christmas and one from under the tree. Then after lunch my 3 year old picks a present from under the tree and we read the label and give it to that person to open untill they are all opened.

That way they play with the toys from father christmas and enjoy them rather then just opening them and not enjoying what they have been given.

Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

The small presents in the kids stockings are from FC. The big presents under the tree are from us. The small presents also include toothbrush, toothpaste so they clean their teeth after eating all the sweets!!

When I was little presents were brought by FC and put in our bedrooms. He also "brought" our presents from our Auntie and Uncle in Australia for us as he visited Australia before us!!!
    littletreasures xx

Nov 94
    Latest Inspection Grade
    Outstanding
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by littletreasures View Post
    The small presents in the kids stockings are from FC. The big presents under the tree are from us. The small presents also include toothbrush, toothpaste so they clean their teeth after eating all the sweets!!

When I was little presents were brought by FC and put in our bedrooms. He also "brought" our presents from our Auntie and Uncle in Australia for us as he visited Australia before us!!!
    Mine get toothbrushes too - even as teens DH needs a new one so he will get one in his stockng too
    Happy to be back with the Greenies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast